Peugeot 108 - Different torque settings for same part - Lrac

Looking for iridium plugs for this car and I notice that tightening torque is listed as 23 Nm for Bosch and 17 Nm for Denso. I am not confusing the 1.2 engine with the 1.0 so I fail to understand why the torque setting would be different. Could someone please enlighten me.

Peugeot 108 - Different torque settings for same part - Adampr

Generally, the tighter the better, up to the point where you over-torque them.

Bosch reckon theirs are good for up to 23, Denso only 17. The two plugs will have slight variations in the structure and the manufacturer has tested it to see how much it will take.

Peugeot 108 - Different torque settings for same part - elekie&a/c doctor
Don’t think I’d be too worried about the difference. Have you got a torque wrench that is accurate to those settings? The difference is marginal.
Peugeot 108 - Different torque settings for same part - skidpan

Bosch reckon theirs are good for up to 23, Denso only 17.

Plugs are made of steel. The head is made of alloy. You will damage the head long before the plug gives way.

Use Peugeots figures.

Peugeot 108 - Different torque settings for same part - edlithgow

But whatever you do,, torquewise (including nothing) dont cross-thread them.

Fit them by hand, or via a bit of rubber hose, S L O W L Y;

Not like me, IOW

Peugeot 108 - Different torque settings for same part - Bromptonaut

But whatever you do,, torquewise (including nothing) dont cross-thread them.

Fit them by hand, or via a bit of rubber hose, S L O W L Y;

The late great Richard Ballantine's advice with alloy>steel on bikes helps.

Align the item and rotate gently counter clockwise; you should be able to feel the thread as a slight bump.

The tighten slowly and carefully using fingers only.

At significant interference then go back and check.

Peugeot 108 - Different torque settings for same part - John F

When changing plugs, I find they sometimes are really stiff to undo after a turn or so, so it sometimes helps to retighten half a turn then untighten a whole turn then retighten half a turn and so on. Just before they come out, I get a length of thin tubing and blow hard around the plug base to disperse any debris likely to fall into the combustion chamber.

Peugeot 108 - Different torque settings for same part - Lrac

Ah yes it never occurred to me that the torque variation was down to the integrity of the plugs. I simply considered the threads in the head. I do have a torque wrench and these plugs must be the most simple plugs to replace I cannot think of a more accessible car. Many thanks

Peugeot 108 - Different torque settings for same part - Gibbo_Wirral

I would guess that the plugs aren't unique to that car, so the torque settings could be generic.

As said above, follow Peugeot's settings

Peugeot 108 - Different torque settings for same part - edlithgow

Heres Mr O, torqeuing a spark plug like a pro, 6.20 in

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaXpWsoFyb0