Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - 43576

Recently bought my 607 2.0HDI 2006, it had an MOT, the garage has failed me for removed DPF. Which I didn't.

I asked do you have any evidence it has been tampered? No, no, the year of this car is fitted FAP I know that all PSA fitted FAP after 2005. I felt there is something is not right.

I thought to go to Peugeot dealer ask for advice. The dealer man said that is sure the car year doesn't have DPF as standard. He said he will ask one of his mechanical to look under the fuel tank to see if there is elyon tank (I don't know what this is) he confirmed this car doesn't have DPF.

Do I find info like on my V5 or Tax check online for to see if my is register to have DPF?

Edited by 43576 on 26/07/2023 at 16:58

Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - Lee Power

Anyone with access to Peugeot Service Box could check the exact equipment the vehicle left the factory with using your VIN.

You could get a print out of the relevant section of the vehicle equipment as it will say something like WITHOUT FAP or FAP ABSENT - something along those lines.

Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - Andrew-T

The 607 is a bigger and posher car, but my 207SW was built in early 2008 and has no DPF, tho the version with higher output would have. So perhaps a 2006 607 is also at a turnover point ?

The car's VIN should identify what engine (and DPF) your car has, to any person able to interpret the necessary 6 characters (4 to 9). In fact the car's handbook would tell you, from the specifications.

Edited by Andrew-T on 26/07/2023 at 18:05

Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - SLO76
I may be wrong (and probably am) but I think all post facelift 607 diesels had a DPF. This should be the 136PS 16v 2.0 diesel which I think had one from new. It’s not unusual to see them deleted on older diesels, but a sympathetic backstreet Mot station is the best option for the test if this is so.

I’d contact another Peugeot dealer and ask them to check using the reg no.

Edited by SLO76 on 26/07/2023 at 19:24

Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - RichardW

Post the last 8 digits of the VIN and I'll check.

Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - craig-pd130

He said he will ask one of his mechanical to look under the fuel tank to see if there is elyon tank (I don't know what this is) he confirmed this car doesn't have DPF.

The Eolys tank was fitted to most French-made cars that had DPFs, Eolys is a fluid catalyst which helps to promote burning-off of the soot in the DPF. So those cars with DPFs had a separate Eolys tank and injector system.

But as yours was made three years before DPFs became mandatory on diesels sold in the UK, it may well not have had one from the factory.

Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - badbusdriver

But as yours was made three years before DPFs became mandatory on diesels sold in the UK, it may well not have had one from the factory.

PSA were amongst the first mainstream manufacturers to fit them though. And I think it was actually a Peugeot 607 which was the first PSA car to get one in 2005, albeit the 2.2HDI rather than the 2.0 of the OP's.

Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - Gibbo_Wirral

Bypass pipes to replace the DPF on Peugeots are extremely rare compared to other marques.

Most owners who do get rid of the DPF system just open them up (many are 2 part systems so no cutting and welding required), gut out the internals and then get it mapped out. That way it always looks physically present and will pass the MOT.

The EOLYS tank is usually located in the passenger wheel arch

A model with particle filter is shown on the free Servicebox here:

catalogs.ssg.asia/peugeot/?lang=en#c3Q9PTIwfHxzdHM...D

but its a global site and often includes cars which won't have some features in the UK

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 27/07/2023 at 12:17

Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - Tester

PSA were amongst the first mainstream manufacturers to fit them though. And I think it was actually a Peugeot 607 which was the first PSA car to get one in 2005, albeit the 2.2HDI rather than the 2.0 of the OP's.

Doesn't make any difference to anything, but in case anyone's interested I suspect that the first PSA car with DPF would have been the Citroen C5 2.2 HDi; mine certainly did (registered November 2001, I had it from May 2002 until October 2017 -- a great car).

Peugeot/Citroën dealer said the VIN on that day is not DPF, why would the other garage said something like this?

I have gone to different garage pay again, it passed! The mechanical is aware that the car has failed, he said there is no elyon tank, no pipe to DPF and diagnostic no data of DPF.

That garage was crooked!

Thanks for a lot of info and help tips.

Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - elekie&a/c doctor
I think the problem is more to do with the information held by Vosa . When the mot tester starts the test , the registration or vin is entered onto the system, this automatically produces a test procedure. Unfortunately it’s not always correct. The tester should have raised a question with Vosa , but obviously couldn’t be bothered.
Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - RT

Peugeot/Citroën dealer said the VIN on that day is not DPF, why would the other garage said something like this?

I have gone to different garage pay again, it passed! The mechanical is aware that the car has failed, he said there is no elyon tank, no pipe to DPF and diagnostic no data of DPF.

That garage was crooked!

Make a formal complaint to DVSA - the first garage is incompetent and needs taking to task.

Peugeot 607 - Peugeot 607 failed MOT because of no DPF! - badbusdriver

Doesn't make any difference to anything, but in case anyone's interested I suspect that the first PSA car with DPF would have been the Citroen C5 2.2 HDi; mine certainly did (registered November 2001, I had it from May 2002 until October 2017 -- a great car).

You know there was something in the back of my head about the C5 being the first, but when I Googled "first car with DPF" there was no mention of it, only the 607 in 2005.

It seems Merc were using some kind of diesel filter as far back as the 80's but that they started using a DPF in about 2003.

Edited by badbusdriver on 27/07/2023 at 16:26