Suzuki 7 year warranty - daveyK_UK
It seems Suzuki now offer a 7 year warranty

Usual 3 year/60k as per most of the others

But

If you service it at Suzuki dealership, they will extend it wach year to 7 years/100k similar to the Toyota scheme
Suzuki 7 year warranty - Metropolis.
Anything that shows a willingness to back the product is a good thing. I wonder why they dont offer the 10 years that Toyota does, a cost analysis (suggesting less reliability?) or maybe this 7 years is more comprehensive than the 10 years from Toyota?

Hopefully this will help their dealerships, was sad to see a well regarded family owned one close nearby not so long ago.
Suzuki 7 year warranty - Heidfirst
I wonder why they dont offer the 10 years that Toyota does, a cost analysis (suggesting less reliability?) or maybe this 7 years is more comprehensive than the 10 years from Toyota?

considering that a no. of models are Suzuki-badged Toyotas ...

Suzuki 7 year warranty - Engineer Andy
I wonder why they dont offer the 10 years that Toyota does, a cost analysis (suggesting less reliability?) or maybe this 7 years is more comprehensive than the 10 years from Toyota?

considering that a no. of models are Suzuki-badged Toyotas ...

I wonder if this only applies to such vehicles, and not those only developed and made by/for Suzuki?

Still, a decent alternative, especially for, say, potential 'Corolla' customers who could buy a Swace probably for less, likley pay less for servicing but get all the physical and relaibility benefits of the Corolla - especially for a long-term buyer who wouldn't care about slightly higher depreciation.

What's the betting that Suzuki is selling these cars to get their corporate CO2 rate (and thus any EU 'fine' per car sold) down? That might mean discounts might be available, even now?

Suzuki 7 year warranty - Wils

Think the standard Suzuki warranty is still 3 years /60,000miles for all cars . If you get your car serviced at a suzuki dealer they will extend your warranty on a yearly basis up to 7years / 100,000 miles.

cars.suzuki.co.uk/owners/warranty/

Suzuki 7 year warranty - movilogo

Longer warranties are always good thing for customers.

All the longer warranties are coming from Asian manufacturers only. I wonder when German manufacturers will start offering longer warranties.

So far consumers didn't bother about long warranty because majority changed cars after 3-4 years of PCP. But now interest rates up and PCP deals are no longer that cheap, so people can start to keep cars longer again.

Suzuki 7 year warranty - badbusdriver

So far consumers didn't bother about long warranty because majority changed cars after 3-4 years of PCP. But now interest rates up and PCP deals are no longer that cheap, so people can start to keep cars longer again.

I disagree, Kia and Hyundai were offering longer warranties before the current boom in personal leasing/PCP deals. And there is absolutely no doubt that the warranty was a big factor for buyers.

Suzuki 7 year warranty - Adampr

I disagree, Kia and Hyundai were offering longer warranties before the current boom in personal leasing/PCP deals. And there is absolutely no doubt that the warranty was a big factor for buyers.

But, historically, Kia and Hyundai (and, indeed Toyota) have targeted people with more interest in reliability and value for money (typically older cash buyers) whilst other brands (particularly the Germans) target the younger show-off market. The best PCP deals are normally on the latter.

Suzuki 7 year warranty - alan1302

All the longer warranties are coming from Asian manufacturers only. I wonder when German manufacturers will start offering longer warranties.

When they think they need to - they have the 'premium' badge on their side so I expect they don't need to as they already have high sales.

Suzuki 7 year warranty - Heidfirst
What's the betting that Suzuki is selling these cars to get their corporate CO2 rate (and thus any EU 'fine' per car sold) down?

I think that it is an absolute certainty.

Suzuki 7 year warranty - John F
Hopefully this will help their dealerships.......

Probably the main reason. Having to fork out a possibly substantial three figure sum every year for six years to keep the warranty valid makes no financial sense at all for a low mileage driver who is capable doing some basic checks and changing the oil every 10,000 miles. At three years old, the obligatory MoT test checks all the things checked at a 'service'. Modern cars hardly ever go wrong and if there is a serious manufacturing fault it would almost certainly show up in the first year or so.

Suzuki 7 year warranty - SLO76
Low risk for Suzuki, their petrol powered cars rarely go wrong beyond ordinary wear and tear items until well beyond 7yrs. This will only help encourage main dealer servicing, which is a good thing for those of us who buy used to avoid grossly inflated new prices and the never ending PCP/Lease payment.

In the case of Kia their excellent 7yr warranty helped used values as dealers will pay a premium for cars with dealer service history as they won’t have to fork out for a warranty on cars that are 6yrs old or younger.

Edited by SLO76 on 25/07/2023 at 19:59

Suzuki 7 year warranty - paul 1963
Low risk for Suzuki, their petrol powered cars rarely go wrong beyond ordinary wear and tear items until well beyond 7yrs. This will only help encourage main dealer servicing, which is a good thing for those of us who buy used to avoid grossly inflated new prices and the never ending PCP/Lease payment. In the case of Kia their excellent 7yr warranty helped used values as dealers will pay a premium for cars with dealer service history as they won’t have to fork out for a warranty on cars that are 6yrs old or younger.

Wise words as normal SLO, currently on my second Suzuki and I'm already thinking of a third( albeit a year or so away), yes the interiors especially the door plastics etc are a little low rent bit the bits that really matter are bullet proof, I'm quite lucky in that one my close friends happens to be the dealer principal of a Suzuki dealership so A: I always get a good deal and B: I've had a good few extended weekend drives on the latest models, new Swift sport is a absolute joy, Swace although really a Toyota is a proper quality car, couldn't fault it but for those looking for a bit of reliable cheap transport you really need to have a go in a 1 litre turbo Baleno with the auto box, didn't last long but there utterly brilliant especially if you use the paddle shift.

Suzuki 7 year warranty - daveyK_UK
The Kia warranty is excellent, I can think of a number of people who chose a Kia for this reason

Edited by daveyK_UK on 30/07/2023 at 08:57

Suzuki 7 year warranty - Falkirk Bairn

It's a shame Suzuki stopped their entry level cars such as the Celero - solid enough new car for the person with a low budget.

It's a shame Suzuki stopped their entry level cars such as the Celero - solid enough new car for the person with a low budget.

They haven't stopped them exactly, they just don't sell them here. The current Celerio is a big seller in places like India.

And while the Ignis and Swift still feature on the UK website and price lists, actually getting one seems tricky!

They haven't stopped them exactly, they just don't sell them here. The current Celerio is a big seller in places like India.

And while the Ignis and Swift still feature on the UK website and price lists, actually getting one seems tricky!

They'll probably be gone soon in Europe, priced out due to all the extra 'safety' and 'emissions' features required by law that barely make a difference in the real world. The only small hatches that will be left to buy will be expensive 'premium' EVs.

7 year warranties are all well and good, but only useful to the masses if there are cars they can afford that have them. Less and less nowadays - I walked past my local KIA dealership the other day and saw second hand cars being offered at well over £40k. Guess which ones they were? Not ONE car - even a base model Picanto - being offered to under £10k (I think the cheapest one was around £12k - £13k).

They'll probably be gone soon in Europe, priced out due to all the extra 'safety' and 'emissions' features required by law that barely make a difference in the real world. The only small hatches that will be left to buy will be expensive 'premium' EVs.

I'm not convinced.

Dacia have proved that poor Euro NCAP results are no impediment to sales if the car is priced low.

Historically, other than Japan, the country Suzuki is most associated with is India. But if they were to tie up with one of the Chinese makers to bring a low priced EV city car to the UK, I reckon it would do well.

I walked past my local KIA dealership the other day and saw second hand cars being offered at well over £40k.

Yeah I was in a family run Suzuki/Subaru dealership a couple of weeks ago and there was an alarming number of £35k+ "used" Subaru's on display outside. All they had inside (apart from a handful of classics as the owner is a collector) was a Vitara and an S-Cross!.

I'm not convinced.

Dacia have proved that poor Euro NCAP results are no impediment to sales if the car is priced low.

Historically, other than Japan, the country Suzuki is most associated with is India. But if they were to tie up with one of the Chinese makers to bring a low priced EV city car to the UK, I reckon it would do well.

If that was the case, why are a good number of the major car manufacturers ditching their city cars and superminis - at least outside of the mostly unaffordable EV 'replacements' (which always seem to be plush trim models), especially when said cars regularly have topped the sales charts across Europe, and that they are more efficient than 'equivalent' SUVs / crossovers, given all the changes are supposed to be about 'going green'? Surely they'd be falling over themselves to promote the most efficient cars?

I walked past my local KIA dealership the other day and saw second hand cars being offered at well over £40k.

Yeah I was in a family run Suzuki/Subaru dealership a couple of weeks ago and there was an alarming number of £35k+ "used" Subaru's on display outside. All they had inside (apart from a handful of classics as the owner is a collector) was a Vitara and an S-Cross!.

Just went past it again on my walk today, and there were second hand KIAs at over £50k and one at £64K. When did buying a previous vlaue for money brand become so exortionately expensive?

Other than the Chinese (whom I wouldn't trust at the mo), only Dacia (as you said) seems to have any pretentions to seeling vlaue vehicles, and even they aren't anywhere near as cheap as they were just a few years ago, often ditching their base trim models.

Seems like many makes are now selling properly used cars (some often with very high mileages and where the dealers aren't exactly caring about how clean or tatty the interior is) at what they were selling unused brand new ones just 5 years ago.

Also many dealers now only offering 3 month warranties for second hand cars out of the manufacturer's original one.