Lotus - Lotus Revival? - Brit_in_Germany

The Peleton store in Munich closed down a couple on months ago. In its place is a very shiny Lotus emporium. Not been in but looking through the doorway there appeared to be a SUV type machine, presumably the Eletre. How long before this closes; I wonder.

Lotus - Lotus Revival? - Adampr

With all that Chinese money and all that Bavarian money, I dare say it's there to stay.

As for that abomination of a car....

Lotus - Lotus Revival? - SLO76
I hope people do buy it, SUV’s are the cash cow that will allow Lotus to build more cars like this.

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202306118395188
Lotus - Lotus Revival? - badbusdriver

Well there has been failed revivals before, most notably under the stewardship of Dany Bahar/Proton in 2009. But Geely (yes, them again!) have the controlling stake, so money shouldn't be a problem. TBH, I'd rather Lotus were left to die in peace rather than jump on the ludicrously powerful supercar and SUV willy-waving bandwagon. Be nice if they could show how effective a modestly powerful electric drivetrain (with a modest sized battery) could be through clever design, light weight and aerodynamics.

If they have to do an SUV I'd rather they took inspiration from the Citroen Oli, though I know that will never happen!. As for a sportscar, something like an electric Elise would be closer to the Lotus Spirit than a Rimec rival, but hey ho!.

Lotus - Lotus Revival? - elekie&a/c doctor
One of my sons lives in Munich, not far from this . I’ll ask him to keep me updated as to its progress.
Lotus - Lotus Revival? - Falkirk Bairn

A son took has had his Lotus Emira about 1 month - he had had it on order for about 2 years - 2.5 ltr Toyota engine & manual gearbox.

Very odd purchase - lives in snowy Aberdeenshire, works 15+ miles away, powerful RWD in winter is dodgy, 2 seats and modest boot - he has a wife & 2 fast growing kids and plays golf!

I was in the car, as a passenger, easy to get in, more of an issue for me getting out.

Goes like stink, looks lovely on the outside and interior is fine.

How long will he have it? My bet is the first snow of the winter.

He sold his RS4, bought 3.5 years ago, 4 months old/ 5K on the clock, his depreciation was £10K.

Although he bought the car in Hamilton, the garage is an agent - the car is sold by Lotus and the garage get a fee. The Lotus HQ selling operation was not the best - car was in Hamilton but it took Lotus some 5/6 days to process the paperwork and agree that he could buy a car he ordered and they had already delivered to their agent.

Lotus - Lotus Revival? - Brit_in_Germany

Less than a week later ...

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-66258900