What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Hybrid cars not so green - sammy1

Hybrid cars produce much more greenhouse gases than claimed by manufacturers, report reveals | Daily Mail Online

Sorry pasting got confused!! this is it self explanatory if anyone interested

Hybrid cars not so green - mcb100
I got as far as ‘Mail Online’.
Hybrid cars not so green - badbusdriver

"Hybrid cars not so green"

Not true according to the article you link, which specifically talks about plug in hybrids not being so green, and more specifically, PHEV company cars.

Company car drivers choose PHEV's mainly because of the tax benefits, which they get regardless of whether they can (or choose to) charge them. PHEV's are obviously going to be less environmentally friendly (if they are not charged) as they weigh quite a bit more than an equivalent self charge hybrid. The hybrid system won't be doing very much because it hasn't been charged, yet the car is lugging around a lot more weight.

Edited by badbusdriver on 28/06/2023 at 11:21

Hybrid cars not so green - Brit_in_Germany

It's not the car which is green or not, it is how it is driven. My PHEV has 10,000 miles on the clock, of which more than half have been driven using electric mode only. Sadly, after a job change it spends most of its life in the garage, waiting to be used.

Hybrid cars not so green - mcb100
This is a report on a published report from the Climate Change Committee, which is pretty scathing in its criticism of the government’s lack of recent progress towards net zero. We’ve gone from being leaders a couple of years ago to falling behind European countries and the US.
But, being the Mail and their anti-electrification agenda, they’ve pulled a tiny element from the report to produce a click bait headline.
Hybrid cars not so green - movilogo

Net zero is a propaganda to turn few people very rich while making majority of the population very poor.

In billion years time earth will be inhabitable anyway due to Sun becoming brighter thus evaporating oceans and atmosphere.

By then humanity needs to move out of solar system.

Hybrid cars not so green - skidpan

We have been to visit relatives today, 80 mile round trip. Set off with 36 miles of electric and some petrol. Had it on hybrid most of the time but switched to electric on the way home. Dash said 145 mpg for the day and had 3 miles of electric left.

Seems pretty green to me considering that the previous Superb would have done the high 40's at best.

Off to the coast tomorrow, about 220 mile round trip. Don't expect 145 mpg since the electric won't last that long but I would think 75 mpg is on the cards.

For us the PHEV is the perfect solution. All our local running is on electric and with a full tank of petrol range anxiety is not an issue on holiday trips. Total range is about 700 miles (11 gallons plus electric) driving at our national motorway limit most of the time.

Hybrid cars not so green - Vroom78

I feel like green and sustainability and a lot of these things are just new ways to make money from people who want to know better, it was BP who coined the phrase carbon footprint after all, I do find it hard to believe that having a hybrid car isn't at least a step in the right direction as oppose to some of them petrol guzzlers as much as i enjoy them, mind you I am on the look out of a new motor at the minute so we will see how keen i am about the environment when the time comes