What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
What was the price of car-when new - FoxyJukebox
I’m thinking of buying a three year old car priced at around £25,000. How can I find out what was the original sale price when it first came on the market-new- in 2020. Is there an app/website guide that will tell me this ?
Thanks

Edited by FoxyJukebox on 10/05/2023 at 14:27

What was the price of car-when new - badbusdriver
I’m thinking of buying a three year old car priced at around £25,000. How can I find out what was the original sale price when it first came on the market-new- in 2020. Is there an app/website guide that will tell me this ? Thanks

Yeah, this one!

Go to reviews, select model, go to specs and select the exact model (and age).

Just to be clear, it does not cover absolutely every model, but if it is a fairly common car, you should find the new price.

Though quite why you'd want to depress yourself by doing that (given the current ludicrously high used prices, it probably didn't cost much more when new three years ago!) is anyones guess?!

What was the price of car-when new - groaver
I’m thinking of buying a three year old car priced at around £25,000. How can I find out what was the original sale price when it first came on the market-new- in 2020. Is there an app/website guide that will tell me this ? Thanks

Though quite why you'd want to depress yourself by doing that (given the current ludicrously high used prices, it probably didn't cost much more when new three years ago!) is anyones guess?!

Probably to see if it was £40k or more new and has higher rfl.
What was the price of car-when new - _

Just check the ved band using the information on the V5., or ask the seller....

What was the price of car-when new - Engineer Andy

Indeed - the OP *might* be lucky, given that second hand prices are currently around a third higher than the historical norm, and new list prices only really started rising a good few months after the Pandemic started, maybe even nearer the end of 2020.

QETU0/* - _

As an example,

For the Kia sportage, go to an Autocar or somesuch review for that model year. It'll give prices.

as the reply above that beat me to it by seconds.

Edited by _ORB_ on 10/05/2023 at 14:58