What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz 2009 1.4L - Headlamp not coming on properly - Honda jazzer

Hi guys,

I've got a Honda Jazz 2009 1.4L and the head lamp on one side works fine BUT on the other doesn't come on UNLESS i give it a 2 gentle taps on the outside. I've tried disconnecting and re connecting it from the socket but nothing else.

This 2 taps trick works each time but obviously this situation needs addressing as quite annoying to have to do daily lol and of course I'm sure would fail MOT

Any advice on how I can fix it ?

Thanks

Honda Jazz 2009 1.4L - Headlamp not coming on properly - bathtub tom

I'd guess a dodgy electrical connection. Look for corrosion on the connections and particularly the earth connection.

Honda Jazz 2009 1.4L - Headlamp not coming on properly - edlithgow

If the earth is dodgy, if it isn't easily fixable (local corrosion at the bulb socket might be, but if its failed in the wiring loom it might be hard to find) you can run a new earth wire to a suitable nearby bolt or screw in the body.

The fact that it responds to tapping suggests its probably in or near the socket, though.

Honda Jazz 2009 1.4L - Headlamp not coming on properly - gordonbennet

Could be the bulb itself, look at it closely you might see the filament is unattached at one end, when you tap it the thing makes contact and stays there whilst its hot, if this is the case the bulb glass will most likely be smoke stained inside.

Assuming these arn't HID bulbs a standard H4 or H7 bulb is very cheap so no harm in trying one, if its an HID bulb and it needs one suggest finding the Philips equivalent (one of daughter's Civics is HID equipped) @ around £32, the Honda parts desk being over £100.

Edited by gordonbennet on 10/03/2023 at 07:56

Honda Jazz 2009 1.4L - Headlamp not coming on properly - Honda jazzer

Hi guys just to update everyone I changed the faulty light bulb to the opposite side which was working normally and SHAZOOM the problem followed so I bought some new bulbs from amazon philips H4 and replaced and the issue has now been resolved

thanks for your thoughts and help much appreciated

these are the ones I used

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008BT1GHS?psc=1&ref=ppx_y...s

Edited by Honda jazzer on 13/03/2023 at 14:51

Honda Jazz 2009 1.4L - Headlamp not coming on properly - gordonbennet

Thanks for updating the thread, so many don't.

Its good for the money saving knowledge for all of us these days if we've put our collective bonces together come up with some suggestions.