What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Any - Is LPG still available in the UK. - martin.mc

There is a Dacia Sandero dual fuel model for sale locally. Is LPG Autogas still available in this country and is there a website listing forecourts that sell it? What is the current price per litre? A lot of info on the Internet is out of date.

Edited by martin.mc on 20/02/2023 at 11:04

Any - Is LPG still available in the UK. - gordonbennet

Try autogas.app/ for a list of filling stations, or the slower www.filllpg.co.uk/

A number of stations have been removed around the country and from looking at the autogas app lots of stations with currently no gas, fortunately Morrisons where they sell lpg recently renewed the pumps where i live and had the tanks recertified so should be good for a while yet.

Currently paying 80ppl.

Now the problems :-)

Morrisons and some other supermarkets have banned adaptors citing pump fitting damage, that Dacia will come with the continental fitting so needs a screw in adaptor to fit UK filling points, the way round that is to have an lpg fitter put a UK filling point in for you, that means a 2" or so hole being cut into the rear quarter panel or bumper and piped into the tank, doubtful the UK filling point would fit where the continental one goes on the Dacia inside the fuel flap, course you may have a local indy filling point which hasn't restricted adaptor use and i still see chancers quietly slipping** adaptors on when i fill my lpg car, your choice how you play that.

The other side to this is that many systems fitted by manufacturers did not come fitted with a flashlube system, prolonged use of lpg without flashlube has almost always resulted in valve seat recession which is an expensive issue to put right, the lpg fitter could fit a simple cheap vaccum fed flashlube system for you at the same time they fit the uk filler point if you dercide to go that route.

I have no regrets about LPG use, been using it for a number of years now.

** i watched one chap with an under the rear bumper continental fill point screw in the adaptor then remove it after filling whilst at the pump, seemed a bit daft to risk getting banned to me, could easily have slipped the adaptor on before reaching the station and left before removing it, no one would have suspected he had anything except a uk filler...food for thought there?

Edited by gordonbennet on 20/02/2023 at 12:39

Any - Is LPG still available in the UK. - Andrew-T

I saw some not far away (Cheshire) last week at 99p/litre.

Any - Is LPG still available in the UK. - alan1302

Don't know how much it is but a few places round Doncaster certainly still sell it.

Any - Is LPG still available in the UK. - martin.mc

Thanks for your replies. A lot to consider here. The dual fuel version of the Sandero doesn't have a spare wheel as the space for it is taken up by the LPG tank. I would have to buy a space saver wheel and carry it in the boot together with a jack and wheelbrace. Not sure whether the saving in fuel cost is worth the extra hassle.

Any - Is LPG still available in the UK. - expat

I am in Australia and have been running my car on LPG for fifteen years. I don't use flashlube and have had no problems with valve recession. The big problem over here is that filling stations are taking their gas tanks out and it is becoming more difficult to get the stuff. Other than that I can heartily recommend it.