2015 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 184, manual - A3 tdi satnav 'not enabled', headlamp dash message - carnut1980

hi all, My A3's Satnav has the 'not enabled' message, on the pop up screen.

The Multimedia unit, in the glovebox, does have 2 slots, horizontal, about an inch long each, marked 'SD1' and SD2'

So i take it its not a CD i need, to get the Nav operable, but some kind of SD card?

Also, the standard headlamp bulbs have been replaced with HID ones ,which do look nicer!

However this creates a 'dipped beam/bulb' message on the dash, and an orange !, within an orange triangle!

Is there a way to delete or reset this message, rather than replacing the bulbs with the originals?

Otherwise its a great car!

Cheers in advance!

2015 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 184, manual - A3 tdi satnav 'not enabled', headlamp dash message - RT

The SD slots are to put SD cards with pre-recorded music on - nothing to do directly with the satnav but they are used for satnav updates.

You really need to get diagnostics done - dealers use ODIS, but VCDS from Gendan is available for DIY use

2015 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 184, manual - A3 tdi satnav 'not enabled', headlamp dash message - carnut1980

cheers, they are large slots, not for micro SD cards.

So could a main dealer 'activate' the SAtnav?

2015 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 184, manual - A3 tdi satnav 'not enabled', headlamp dash message - RT

cheers, they are large slots, not for micro SD cards.

So could a main dealer 'activate' the SAtnav?

Depends what faults they find when they do diagnostics

Thanks, any info/advice on my bulb issue, mentioned above?

2015 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 184, manual - A3 tdi satnav 'not enabled', headlamp dash message - elekie&a/c doctor
You’ll need an sd card for the media unit to get the nav system working. No way of cancellation of the light warning if your using no standard bulbs . This will also be an mot failure.
You’ll need an sd card for the media unit to get the nav system working. No way of cancellation of the light warning if your using no standard bulbs . This will also be an mot failure.

I don't know which media unit the OP has fitted - but the RNS850 fitted to my VW Touareg doesn't need SD card(s) to function normally - only to upgrade the firmware, software and maps.

2015 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 184, manual - A3 tdi satnav 'not enabled', headlamp dash message - elekie&a/c doctor
You can buy led load resistance units . Don’t know how effective they are and sometimes can cause interference to the electronic systems. Navigation not enabled, means it hasn’t got it fitted.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 15/02/2023 at 19:19

2015 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 184, manual - A3 tdi satnav 'not enabled', headlamp dash message - Big John

Presumably the HID bulbs aren't via a HiD gas discharge retro fit kit kit but actually LED replacements. As far as I know there are no legal headlight LED replacement for halogen bulbs in the UK. There are some really dodgy ones around especially fitted to an old Vauxhall van that drives the other way to me most days - my retina knows about it! It's also an MOT failure if the non standard bulbs are spotted (unlikely unless light pattern is poor) and/or you have a warning light showing.

Re the satnav I think your model needs a suitable SD card. Probably the correct source is the dealer but eBay might be of use here.

Edited by Big John on 15/02/2023 at 20:22

“Navigation not enabled “ means it’s not fitted to the car . If it needed an sd card , the screen would prompt you to install one .,

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 15/02/2023 at 20:48

2015 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 184, manual - A3 tdi satnav 'not enabled', headlamp dash message - Big John
“Navigation not enabled “ means it’s not fitted to the car . If it needed an sd card , the screen would prompt you to install one .,

Or is it a VAG thing like with my son's Octavia re Carplay/Android Auto a dealer enabled function? Well after paying for it that is!!

Edited by Big John on 15/02/2023 at 22:42

2015 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 184, manual - A3 tdi satnav 'not enabled', headlamp dash message - catsdad

If it does have satnav I I would be cautious about spending much money to activate it. If it’s the same unit as my 2018 Golf, the satnav is next to useless. I have used several over the years, stand-alone and inbuilt and the VW is by far the worst. Ironically the car is a Nav model.

The menu settings are correct but it still recommends daft long routes. It’s not a matter of current traffic avoidance, it’s got hard wired diversions of several miles that have consistently come up for four years on my regular routes. Oddly these are usually in one direction only. It’s fine for in town use but long distance it’s a lottery. It’s a well known issue on the forums.