What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford fiesta - Classed as classic ? - Bmg06
Hi

I’m new to this forum and it seems like a really good resource for information. I have a grey 2006 Ford fiesta ghia , automatic - I bought it 3 years ago second hand for £800 - because of rising costs I’ve been patching it up but am really ready to scrap it -but yesterday a guy at a garage said hold onto it as they are no longer made so are valuable

Is this right and if so could someone give me a link for a trader

Many thanks for your help
Ford fiesta - Classed as classic ? - elekie&a/c doctor
I think your guy at the garage is dreaming. Ford made millions of these . Perhaps if you kept it another 20 years it might be worth £800 .
Ford fiesta - Classed as classic ? - badbusdriver

Which particular model and engine is this?

Don't get me wrong, if you paid £800 for it three years ago, the chances of it being "worth hanging on to", is slim to non-existent!. But unless it is in a really terrible state, it is surely worth selling rather than scrapping?

Just how bad is it?, and does it have a current MOT?

Ford fiesta - Classed as classic ? - Andrew-T
I think your guy at the garage is dreaming. Ford made millions of these. Perhaps if you kept it another 20 years it might be worth £800 .

Only if it stays rust-free that long. Then you might be on a winner, even qualify for Classic insurance by then ?

Ford fiesta - Classed as classic ? - elekie&a/c doctor
Just think , in 2046 it’ll be ulez charge free . What a bonus.
Ford fiesta - Classed as classic ? - edlithgow
I think your guy at the garage is dreaming. Ford made millions of these . Perhaps if you kept it another 20 years it might be worth £800 .

They made millions of Model T too.

Ford fiesta - Classed as classic ? - badbusdriver

But the values of the Model T only started to climb in the 80's (around 60 years after the T went out of production)

By the same timescale, the value of the OP's Fiesta would start to rise somewhere around mid 2060's?

;-)

Ford fiesta - Classed as classic ? - Chris M

The tidy sporty versions clearly have a following.

www.mathewsons.co.uk/auction/search/?st=Fiesta&...1

The cooking versions, less so!

Edited by Chris M on 01/02/2023 at 17:29

Ford fiesta - Classed as classic ? - edlithgow

But the values of the Model T only started to climb in the 80's (around 60 years after the T went out of production)

By the same timescale, the value of the OP's Fiesta would start to rise somewhere around mid 2060's?

;-)

That was then. This is now.

Just an impression, but I get the feeling that most of the responses here are thinking along "banger" lines, and discounting the shift in value of this type of car, which has been quite rapid. The days of the "banger" are gone.

Of course the car could be beyond salvation, but if it isn't, its an appreciating asset. If the OP got rid of it, he would probably have to get some relatively new junk.

Eeuw!