Golf TDI 2.0 - Estimate for repairs needed please - JGH44

I reversed the car into a wooden fence and have some damage to pay for. Can anyone hazard a guess of costs? As you can see from pics, it does go down to the metal and there was a slight indent too that is hard to see from pic.

www.dropbox.com/s/e0tbfb7ciye7573/Car1.PNG?dl=0

www.dropbox.com/s/di6jhwq3b88ua8n/Car2.PNG?dl=0

Thanks for any thoughts!

Golf TDI 2.0 - Estimate for repairs needed please - elekie&a/c doctor
There may be more damage than you can see behind the bumper. Complete guesstimate £4-500 .
Golf TDI 2.0 - Estimate for repairs needed please - gordonbennet

Is that a kink in the osr panel at roughly 2 o'clock on the wheelarch?

Suggest the pressure applied to the bumper might be more than meets the eye here, anyone's guess what's bent or cracked underneath.

Neighbour of ours got tapped everso gently up the back by another car, minor scuff mark much less than pictured here but when i dived underneath with a torch the steel underbumper was bent and kinked one side and the exhaust (brand new Puma) bent slightly down, third party was hoping to avoid insurance but sensibly our neighbour went via their insurer, just as well because the bodyshop tried to work a flanker by declaring no damage apart from bumper scuff, someone doing a crafty there, all sorted properly now.

As i pointed out on your other thread in Legal forum, you arn't just responsible for putting right the damage, the car being a renter the owner is entitled to loss of earnings, ie rentals, which could easly be several days and possibly a few weeks worth.

Golf TDI 2.0 - Estimate for repairs needed please - Adampr

If the damage is just to the visible panel, around £500 at an independent body shop, more.like £1,000 at a franchise (who will just send it to the independent, but you get an 'instant tea'.

Golf TDI 2.0 - Estimate for repairs needed please - JGH44

I do get that there will be downtime for the repair, but hours of labour itemised are only 4.4 so it wasn't out of action for very long, apparently.

My problem is that there are all manner of small itemised 'repairs' that I am being billed for. I don't understand many of them, in the sense of, how could that have been necessary?

Also, I was there when the incident occurred, I know it was not a big bump, and nor is there anything structural on the bill in the sense of things actually replaced rather than repaired. It's just lots and lots of small things that add up to 3 k euro.

So as I pointed out on my other thread, I feel that the bill is completely taking the p*** and therefore I am interested in people's first impression of the damage.

Golf TDI 2.0 - Estimate for repairs needed please - Adampr

What is on the list of repairs?

There are two problem here;

1. They will take it the most expensive place they can find, and why not seeing as you're paying.

2. Modern cars are designed to crumple under the panels. Just because you can't see anything beneath, that doesn't mean it isn't damaged. In fairness, you have given something a decent whack to take all the paint off - I managed to drive my car into my own stone gate post and it didn't do that much damage.