Vauxhall Corsa SXI 1.2 2007 - Coolant loss and white smoke after head gasket. - Matthew Broomfield

Hi looking for advise, I sold the Corsa SXI 1.2 1.6v person came back with it over heating, white smoke, running badly and over pressured coolant.

I took the head off, got it skimmed, new head set set and rebuilt. All seemed well it runs very smooth person was happy, 10 days later get a call stating that the temperature light had came back on and the it had lost its coolant again. Now it's back there is white smoke, and the water pump is shot. They took it to a garage that said the head gasket had failed as the dipped the coolant and the was exhaust gas in there. There are no other symptoms of the head gasket it not running badly, not over heating while the there is coolant in it and it's not over pressuring the coolant.

The only other place the exhaust gas can mix with the coolant is the egr valve but will this give the white smoke?

Many Thanks

Matt

Vauxhall Corsa SXI 1.2 2007 - Coolant loss and white smoke after head gasket. - elekie&a/c doctor
Sadly once these engines overheat, they’re goosed . You need another motor .
Vauxhall Corsa SXI 1.2 2007 - Coolant loss and white smoke after head gasket. - bathtub tom

I assume it was a private sale? If so, you should never have got involved with it after - unless of course you suspected there was a problem and have a conscience.

Listen to e&a/c.