Peugeot 2008 1.2 EAT6 130 - 3 yr progress report - John F

Three mainly 'covid' years seem to have passed quickly - kind to cars as fewer miles than usual. Just passed first MoT (no advisories) after a trouble-free 16,800 miles, apart from a duff irremovable wheel locking bolt covered in another thread. No sign of any superficial rust anywhere on a recent underbody inspection when I swapped the wheels front to back for even tyre wear. 6mm and 7mm remain on its Goodyear Vector4seasons.

It's 6,800 miles since I changed the oil and filter on this carefully run-in potent little engine, draining it thoroughly and putting in exactly 3.5 litres of Castrol Magnatec stopstart 0-30 which exactly hit the max mark. Level is now 10mm below the mark. There's a surprisingly large distance of 40mm between the max and min dipstick marks. I suppose tiny 3cylinder engines have deep oversquare sumps. Assuming both volumetric symmetry and one litre between max and min marks, it has used 250mls oil, equating to somewhere between 25 - 30,000 miles per litre, allowing for observer error. That seems healthy to me for a >100hp/litre engine using 'thin' oil.

Trip computer 1 (long term - mostly SWMBO's local shopping and social trips) reads 6214 miles - 42.7 mpg - 32 avr mph. Trip 2 (including longer runs with mostly me driving) 557 miles - 48.6 mpg - 40 avr mph. Up to around 500 miles it was reading 50.3 mpg, but latterly more local short trips. Both trips now reset to zero. Fuel usually supermarket E10, but latterly Shell E10 as local Shell station now consistently cheaper than supermarkets, which nowadays seem to cartel rather than compete.

Overall, v satisfied.....but still in its infancy. Hopefully a trouble-free adolescent report will follow in due course.

Peugeot 2008 1.2 EAT6 130 - 3 yr progress report - nico77

Something you may find is that trip computer 1 will not move on from 6214. This happened on my 308. It could be that the ECU (or something) holds the distance in kilometers and 6,214 miles is about 10,000 km and was as high as it would go.

Peugeot 2008 1.2 EAT6 130 - 3 yr progress report - Lee Power

Something you may find is that trip computer 1 will not move on from 6214. This happened on my 308. It could be that the ECU (or something) holds the distance in kilometers and 6,214 miles is about 10,000 km and was as high as it would go.

A known software quirk that I also found stopped the average MPG from updating once that figure was reached.

Similar to the clock - change the setting to roll back an hour & having to wait for the next minute to show before the clock decides to update the hour for itself.

Peugeot 2008 1.2 EAT6 130 - 3 yr progress report - Andrew-T

Something you may find is that trip computer 1 will not move on from 6214. This happened on my 308. It could be that the ECU (or something) holds the distance in kilometres and 6,214 miles is about 10,000 km and was as high as it would go.

That is the (almost certain) explanation, as 9999.9 ÷ 1.6093 = 6213.8 . So presumably Mrs F will have managed rather better mpg than at first thought ?

Peugeot 2008 1.2 EAT6 130 - 3 yr progress report - paul 1963

Thanks John, always interesting to read progress reports on people's cars.

Peugeot 2008 1.2 EAT6 130 - 3 yr progress report - bazza

Hi John, what is the latest regarding cambelt wear, failure and change intervals on this puretech motor? Have you seen any signs of belt debris? I know that stellantis made a lot of modifications to the belt and oil specifications over the last few years, but there's not much information on the latest situation and current reliability. Also there were issues with pre-ignition and carbon fouling, but I guess that is more so on poorly maintained older units.