What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
C5x - Citroen unable to sell a service plan for C5x’s - Speedbird 747

I have had my C5x for a month now and it has 1200 miles on the clock. At the time of purchase I wanted to arrange a service plan. I was told that the dealer network I bought the car from offered their own plan, or I could buy one from Citroen.

The service plan from Wilmoths appears to be an insurance backed plan called an ‘EMAC’. The problem is I would be limited to their dealerships in that group for servicing. With a Citroen service plan, I can take the car to any dealership in the country.

On the Citroen UK website, there is a portal where you can put in your car details for a quote and purchase a service plan there. However the website does not recognise my car’s registration number or model. Today I ‘phoned customer services at Citroen UK. I was told to contact their finance department. I do not have finance on the car.

The finance department also told me that they have no record of my car on their database, and the person I spoken to was unaware what a C5x is anyway.

C5x - Citroen unable to sell a service plan for C5x’s - badbusdriver

On the Citroen UK website, there is a portal where you can put in your car details for a quote and purchase a service plan there. However the website does not recognise my car’s registration number or model. Today I ‘phoned customer services at Citroen UK. I was told to contact their finance department. I do not have finance on the car.

The finance department also told me that they have no record of my car on their database, and the person I spoken to was unaware what a C5x is anyway.

Wow, nothing like that kind of professionalism to fill you with confidence over your purchase and Citroen's ability to look after the car!

C5x - Citroen unable to sell a service plan for C5x’s - Maxime.

Does the service dept know what the car is?

C5x - Citroen unable to sell a service plan for C5x’s - edlithgow
As I write there’s an add for a New TOYOYA AYGO at the top of the page. Citroen is even harder to spell correctly
C5x - Citroen unable to sell a service plan for C5x’s - Palcouk

Since as far as I'm aware Wilmoth's is a main dealer they should be able to offer the Citroen service plan

C5x - Citroen unable to sell a service plan for C5x’s - Adampr

I had something like this with a BMW mini in 2001. Nobody seemed to know if it was a Mini, a BMW or even a Rover.

How are you finding the car overall now?

C5x - Citroen unable to sell a service plan for C5x’s - elekie&a/c doctor
I’m sure at the last report, the OP was going to reject the car . So what’s happened?
C5x - Citroen unable to sell a service plan for C5x’s - Speedbird 747

Wilmoths only sell an EMAC or insurance backed service plan. You are limited to using Wilmoths service centres.

I wanted a Citroen plan, but there isn’t one available for the C5x.