What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - 4k

Ford quoted me £37 just to supply replacement cover pad on my foot brake & I can't find a cheaper equivalent on Ebay or Amazon that will fit.

Measurements of pedal are approx. 11cms. wide at top tapering to c. 8cms. at bottom. Length is c. 7cms.

Anyone able to help?

Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - Xileno

If ebay can't help then I think one of the on-line breakers is worth trying.

Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - Andrew-T

If ebay can't help then I think one of the on-line breakers is worth trying.

Pedal rubbers wear out though .....

Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - RT

Many manual transmission cars use the same pedal rubber for brake and clutch - I used to just switch them over to even out the wear.

Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - elekie&a/c doctor
Unfortunately Ford parts have become unrealistically expensive. Similar components from MB and BMW are very often cheaper. Nearly £50 for a pair of pedal rubbers for my transit from main dealer . No thanks.
Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - John F

Some sporty cars don't bother with rubber pedal covers, even drilling holes in the pedals to save weight. If a rubber cover is desired, a piece from an old shoe or hot water bottle etc could be cut to shape and glued on.

Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - focussed

Try autodoc.co.uk

Pedal cover for Ford Galaxy 2014.

Brand Febi/Bilstein

£2.32 + vat + delivery

www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/clutch-pedal-10812

Edited by focussed on 20/10/2022 at 13:33

Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - edlithgow
Then don’t.Assuming iisn’t an MOT thing.

I haven’t had rubber ont pedals for about 10 years, but I generally drive barefoot.

if you need grip, bit of rubber as suggested, cable ties, or there are aftermarket “”sporty” aluminum covers that might fit and MIGHT be cheaper
Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - focussed

Yes - worn out pedal rubbers are a UK MOT fail.

Driving barefoot is not legal in the UK, stockinged feet is ok, but not barefoot.

The thinking being that if a stone is stuck to the brake pedal or to the sole of your foot, and you have to brake hard, you won't brake hard because it will hurt.

I had one pupil in 8 years instructing who could only get proper clutch control without shoes, I checked with his examiner on the day of his test "Ok as long as his feet don't smell"

Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - bathtub tom
Driving barefoot is not legal in the UK, stockinged feet is ok, but not barefoot.

The thinking being that if a stone is stuck to the brake pedal or to the sole of your foot, and you have to brake hard, you won't brake hard because it will hurt.

Where does it say driving barefoot's illegal? Certainly, a stone on the brake pedal will hurt and I doubt if stockinged feet would be much better, although an accident could hurt a lot more.

Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - edlithgow

Yes - worn out pedal rubbers are a UK MOT fail.

I had one pupil in 8 years instructing who could only get proper clutch control without shoes, I checked with his examiner on the day of his test "Ok as long as his feet don't smell"

Don’t really care if it’s illegal in The Yook, since I’m not driving there, and from your anecdote it sounds like at least one driving instructor doesn’t much care either. Don’t really care if it’s illegal in Taiwan, since I,m confident that driving barefoot is more consistent and sensitive than driving with a range of footwear (I usually wear Taiwan army jungle boots or Crocs) and therefore safer. Socks would be potentially slippery, since some of them are nylon. I might get around to stretching some old inner tube over the pedals, though I’m not very motivated. The stone “thinking” is admittedly daft enough to be a possible excuse for such daft legislation. I’ll just point out that, since my pedals are now bare steel, there isn’t anywhere for a stone to lodge, other than inside the shoe I’m not wearing. When I drove in The Yook I had one incident where an untied shoelace caught in a door and interfered with braking. Careless of course, but if the shoe fits…

Edited by edlithgow on 22/10/2022 at 11:11

Automatic Ford Galaxy Zetec diesel 2014 - Exorbitant price for replacement foot brake rubber - Xileno

"I had one pupil in 8 years instructing who could only get proper clutch control without shoes, I checked with his examiner on the day of his test "Ok as long as his feet don't smell"

Brilliant!