What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Volkswagen T-Roc - T-Roc R-Line, Keep Golf GT, or something different - Radam87

Hi all

My old man is thinking of ridding his T-Roc in favour of a Honda Jazz (he retires this year).
He's asked if I want to buy it for £27K and pay in 3 instalments. I have been saving so it is doable though I had planned to go for a high reliability hybrid such as a RAV4 for my next car.

I currently have a Golf GT Edition. It runs great and other than an expensive clutch change 1 month after purchase, it's never skipped a beat. I expect to get £9-10K + for the Golf.

My work commute is 12 miles each way. Motorway miles twice per month.

Golf GTE 2.0 TDI. 50,000 miles. 2016.

T-Roc 1.5 TSI DSG. 4,000 miles. 2021 (pre-facelift). Sunroof etc.

Thoughts?

Volkswagen T-Roc - T-Roc R-Line, Keep Golf GT, or something different - badbusdriver

Up to you really, the T-Roc is just a Golf in a different suit. Certainly doesn't seem like your commute necessitates diesel.

Don't really like that kind of cars myself, that is just personal opinion though!. I usually wouldn't be keen at all on a DSG but if you know it has been driven sensibly, it should be fairly reliable.

If he was giving you, as his son, a really good price, might be worth a punt. But that doesn't appear to be the case. On Autotrader there are nine (all from dealers) 2021 1.5TSI T-Roc's with under 5k miles for less than £28k with the cheapest being under £24.5k (I'd expect a private sale to be a few £k less than a dealer, and that's before the 'family discount'?).

With that in mind, I don't think I'd bother with it.

Volkswagen T-Roc - T-Roc R-Line, Keep Golf GT, or something different - paul 1963

Doesn't seem like much of a deal to me, keep the Golf..

Volkswagen T-Roc - T-Roc R-Line, Keep Golf GT, or something different - Adampr

I'd keep the Golf too. I don't really see a T-Roc as an upgrade, so you'd be paying best part of £20k for (essentially) just 45,000 fewer miles and a sunroof.

Volkswagen T-Roc - T-Roc R-Line, Keep Golf GT, or something different - Radam87

Cheers all - fair points there.