What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic - Condensation in side marker lights - Halmerend
New ones recommended by main dealer at over £200. Seems a bit steep given that they seem relatively easy to replace or repair. For anyone unfamiliar these are the lights on the front wings that have a clear lens and yellow bulb. Not sure why when they come on with the main lights and not the indicators. Seems to be a common issue but does anyone know how to prevent it reoccurring please?
Honda Civic - Condensation in side marker lights - Andrew-T

Don't yellow bulbs mean turn signals or hazards ? And they come on with the main lights ??

Honda Civic - Condensation in side marker lights - elekie&a/c doctor
My thoughts also . Amber lights are indicators or marker lights . Does this car have repeaters in the door mirrors? I would remove the markers and dry them out with a hair dryer, or put them in the airing cupboard. Once that is done , seal up the joints around the lamps with some clear silicone.
They come on with the main lights yes. The side indicators are in the mirrors.
Honda Civic - Condensation in side marker lights - elekie&a/c doctor
Orange marker lights required for the North American market. Not a legal requirement in the UK , so not testable for an mot .
Had a look today and one of the lenses simply fell off the backplate as I removed it so therein lies the problem. The other one doesn’t look much healthier. I think they’re about £60 to £70 to buy which is mad. Plenty of copies about so might try a couple of them. Just one tip - you don’t have to remove the two screws that hold the plastic wheel arch in place to get at the clip to remove them as advocated on you tube . The wheel arch plastic by the light is very soft so you can peel it back and push the clip off from behind with a screwdriver. Thanks for the replies everyone.
Honda Civic - Condensation in side marker lights - Andy__
Had a look today and one of the lenses simply fell off the backplate as I removed it so therein lies the problem. The other one doesn’t look much healthier. I think they’re about £60 to £70 to buy which is mad. Plenty of copies about so might try a couple of them. Just one tip - you don’t have to remove the two screws that hold the plastic wheel arch in place to get at the clip to remove them as advocated on you tube . The wheel arch plastic by the light is very soft so you can peel it back and push the clip off from behind with a screwdriver. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Hi Robert. Did you get sorted with these? Both of mine are full of water and don’t work. Honda dealer quoting £430 to replace both, including wiring?! I smell a rat! ;)
Hi Andy - yes I’ll post a link to the ones I bought shortly.
www.amazon.co.uk/MKptopia-Dynamic-Smoked-Compatibl...8

These are the ones that I bought. It’s my review and photos at the bottom if that helps. They’re still working ok.
I may be wrong but I’ve been advised that they can be left not working and it’s not a mot failure. Just in case yours is an expensive wiring issue.