What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Least reliable cars - movilogo

www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-11150571/...l

Surprise #1 : Mazda in the list

Surprise #2 : No French cars in the list

Least reliable cars - kiss (keep it simple)

I bet it's a diesel Mazda.

Least reliable cars - Grenache

I'm on my third diesel Mazda 6, never had any reliability issues, only had to replace parts that had worn out such as wheel bearings etc. My present car is on 177k miles and still running fine.

Least reliable cars - Engineer Andy

I'm on my third diesel Mazda 6, never had any reliability issues, only had to replace parts that had worn out such as wheel bearings etc. My present car is on 177k miles and still running fine.

There's your reason - presumably used as intended - lot of long trips so the DPF will work passively and no oil diluation from failed (interrupted) active regens. And presumably you give the car a nice cool down on arriving at your destination to ensure the turbo doesn't overheat.

Not really a suprise given the history of problems with their diesels (though are significantly exaccerbated by the type of driving pattern) and that the Mazda2 and 3 have had their diesel engines dropped for a few years now.

With the move away from diesels to petrols, hybrid and EVs and more of the public being aware of the problems with diesels, I suspect the CX-5 won't feature in that list in a few years, especially if it is done by that aftermarket warranty firm, given most cars on it will be at least 3 years old, if not a lot older.

Least reliable cars - Brit_in_Germany

All it says esssentially is that expensive cars cost more to repair.

All it says esssentially is that expensive cars cost more to repair.

Mad worse by today's rushed R&D testing to get to market quickly and use drivers as defacto deta testers. Other than diesel-related issues, I'd bet that most of the problems are electrical or software related.

Least reliable cars - Andrew-T

Surprise #2 : No French cars in the list

No doubt there will be some claiming that this is Fake News ....

Least reliable cars - dan86

French cars aren't all that bad they're mostly reliable nowdays it was the period of late 90s and 00s that they had their real reliability issues mostly electric, they've upped thier game now from what I can see

Least reliable cars - bazza

No real surprises, as usual land rovers populate the list! And yet people buy them in droves, despite the horror stories. I actually have a friend who recently had a bill for £12000 for a blown engine, a 4 year old car! Full service history, just out of warranty. I think the Mazda cxt has had some particular probs with running lights and cracking screens, which probably drags the ratings down. Beemers, well known for complicated faults outside of warranty.

Least reliable cars - daveyjp

Anyone who buys a RR/LR knows they are unreliable so they buy a warranty. It is therefore no surprise that the unreliability leads to lots of expensive warranty claims!

Anyone who buys a RR/LR knows they are unreliable so they buy a warranty. It is therefore no surprise that the unreliability leads to lots of expensive warranty claims!

I suspect that this would skew the results a bit to make it look even worse, especially on older luxury cars. I see quite a few 7-10yo examples now finding their way into the hands of the Plebs, who likely cannot afford that huge bill should something big give way.