What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
n/a - Has anyone dealt with Cazoo? - shalebing

Spotted a car on Cazoo I am interested in but to be safe I ran its details through Car Vertical and it flags up it has outstanding finance on it. The finance was only taken out in June this year for 6 months. I had an online chat with one of Cazoo's advisers and they assured me that they will pay off any finance due before the car is sold to a customer. I asked them if this was in their T&Cs on their website as I didn't just want to take their word for it as the last thing I want is to be lumbered with someone else's debt. They said they have enquired with the appropriate team and will get back to me with an answer via email. I am actually surprised that they took a car into their stock that had an outstanding financial liability on it. I have never dealt with Cazoo before and wondered if anyone on here had experienced any problems with them

n/a - Has anyone dealt with Cazoo? - Xileno

Sounds like it's under stocking finance which is normal, the HPI check should show "Unit Stocking". There was a recent thread on here about this. But you need to get Cazoo to confirm just to be 100% safe.

n/a - Has anyone dealt with Cazoo? - shalebing

Thanks Xileno. I have just run a check on HPI and it does mention 'unit stocking'. Still waiting on the email from Cazoo before I do anything else.

n/a - Has anyone dealt with Cazoo? - daveyK_UK
I know of people who have sold to Cazoo and purchased from Cazoo, all positive experiences.

I did read the comments a few months ago from their CEO stating they expect a recession to hit and need to cut costs accordingly to prepare them for any downturn.
The same guy celebrated that they lost less money than forecast! What a success!

I do like how on the Cazoo website they highlight any damage to the car, I do think that is a positive approach and builds trust.

The extended warranty they sell is meant to be half decent
n/a - Has anyone dealt with Cazoo? - Steveieb

Mostly good feedback but they sold my friend a diesel Quashqai knowing she is a mobile beautician. Possibly the worse car for her stop start motoring !

The Sunday Times report was highly critical of the source of their cars.

n/a - Has anyone dealt with Cazoo? - badbusdriver

Mostly good feedback but they sold my friend a diesel Quashqai knowing she is a mobile beautician. Possibly the worse car for her stop start motoring !

You make it sound like they forced her into it. Another way to describe the transaction is to say that your friend bought a diesel Qashqai without looking into (or asking you) what kind of car would be best for her, taking into account her job. Considering the kind of outfit Cazoo is, I don't think it is fair to expect them to know what kind of car your friend should or shouldn't buy. Plus, the fact she is a mobile beautician does not mean she is only doing short stop start journeys.

n/a - Has anyone dealt with Cazoo? - FP

"The Sunday Times report was highly critical of the source of their cars."

What does this mean? I haven't read the article in question, but I'm struggling to see how this is a criticism. Cazoo buy and sell cars, much like many other businesses.

n/a - Has anyone dealt with Cazoo? - Xileno

The Times article is behind a paywall unfortunately.

n/a - Has anyone dealt with Cazoo? - Bromptonaut

Google refers to a Times article but it in turn was reporting a Channel 4 Dispatches programme reported here:

cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/cazoo-and-cargiant...6

I assume the programme is still available on All 4 but I've not checked.

n/a - Has anyone dealt with Cazoo? - Falkirk Bairn

Cazoo is losing money hand over fist

Profit in each car sold was under £250 after stripping out costs of fixing /transporting cars

Huge amount advertising, sponsoring sports etc etc

NYSE shares are under $1

Fuller story

tinyurl.com/4rhw9saw

n/a - Has anyone dealt with Cazoo? - Steveieb

I heard that being the trailblazer for this kind of operation has cost them dearly but benefitted Cinch etc.