What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Seat Toledo - Buying a car - _

A friend was asking my opinion about a Toledo 1.0 and showed me the advert, I showed him the dealer reviews (not the autotrader ones) and the location in the general Bermuda triangle area where a multiple time bankrupt engine refurb/supply business once was.

I showed the 4 mot tests in 14 months, 2nd massive failings on exhaust hydrocarbons and associated exhaust bits.

Only done 41 miles between those 4 tests and 5 miles between the last 2. Alloy wheels have been replaced with steels and plastic wheel trims, as expected, seats in poor condition... high mileage, 82,000 miles in 3 years, then 41 in 14 months, together with 3 mot tests after the 1st which passed ok..

But, it was very cheap for a 2018/18 car.

My advice, Don't walk away, Run fast as you can.

I can't put the location as per good/bad rules.

Edited by _ORB_ on 25/08/2022 at 15:21

Seat Toledo - Buying a car - Smileyman

Wise words for any car purchase, nothing to do with the 2018 Toledo with the 1.0 litre turbo engine - this is a Skoda Rapid rebadged, and uses parts common to many other VW group cars.

Seat Toledo - Buying a car - _

Wise words for any car purchase, nothing to do with the 2018 Toledo with the 1.0 litre turbo engine - this is a Skoda Rapid rebadged, and uses parts common to many other VW group cars.

I had no objections to his car or engine choice.

This one is obviously duff, but have found another one for him. Bit more, but lower miles, and closer in case..

Edited by _ORB_ on 26/08/2022 at 08:55

Seat Toledo - Buying a car - SLO76
Yeah, I’d leave that one well alone.