What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
swapping run flats to standard tyres - Matt@

I've just bought a BMW 3 series on run flats. Its an M Sport 320D, ride quality over some rural roads is shocking! Given how much it will cost me to change the tyres to standard tyres will the better ride that results be worth it or is the difference marginal?

swapping run flats to standard tyres - Sparrow

I have never seen the attraction of MSport BMWs. My 3 series on 17iinch wheels, runflats, but SE suspension is ok on most UK roads. A friend, with an almost identical car, swapped his runflats for normal tyres, liked the improvement it made, but he did it mainly so he could buy cheaper tyres. I decided to stick with runflats because of their benefits.

Edited by Sparrow on 18/08/2022 at 11:13

swapping run flats to standard tyres - Andrew-T

I decided to stick with runflats because of their benefits.

So far, have you 'benefited' from these supposed benefits (allowing for extra cost) ?

swapping run flats to standard tyres - veloceman
I currently have runflats on my BMW. Much prefer the compromise on ride rather than being stuck on the hard shoulder in the pouring rain for a couple of hours awaiting breakdown.
However, Alfa Giulia comes with them as standard too, many who swap them for standard tyres state the difference is remarkable