What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Travelling - Check those documents - _

Realised that I picked up the house insurance docs not the car one before traveling..

Have downloaded and printed.. just in case..

Travelling - Check those documents - Theophilus

My wife and I travelled to France for a fortnight's holiday a few year's ago and whilst waiting for the ferry check-in desk realised that I had brought my own passport and my son's instead of my wife's.

It was too late to return home to collect the correct passport before the ferry sailed, so I just presented the two passports at the desk without comment - we were waved through, boarded the ferry, and spent the next fortnight wondering whether we would be stopped by gendarmes for a routine roadside check and if so what the consequences would be.

The holiday proceeded uneventfully, and even when we got back to Le Havre for the return crossing no comment was made on the dissimilarities in both personal details and photo appearance!

Travelling - Check those documents - paul 1963
I keep my car insurance documents in the car, thought everyone did??....
I keep my car insurance documents in the car, thought everyone did??....

No need to keep anything in the car anymore in the UK.

Old Bill can check instantly.

Travelling - Check those documents - daveyjp

I keep my insurance docs on me all the time. Its called an app.

The only thing that hisses me off is the £200 I have paid for an animal health certificate that nobody has seen.

Grrh.

Travelling - Check those documents - Falkirk Bairn

I take a photo on my phone of my Car Insurance Certificate.

I know the police can access the database but with a small bump / no BiB needed - a policy# could be handy.

Docs in email anyway so accessible..

Travelling - Check those documents - paul 1963

Docs in email anyway so accessible..

So what's the point of this thread?