What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Kia and Hyundai - Automatic Kia or Venga - scot22

My budget is up to 9,000. Annual mileage around 6,000. Mostly A roads and once a month 110 miles to Lake district.

While procrastinating, I over think, car prices became silly.I

I generally prefer car as simple as possible, apart from auto !

There are cheaper buys with 4 gear first generation autos. However, I know 6 gear more economical. I know it is personal choice. However, I would value opinions on differences.

Kia and Hyundai - Automatic Kia or Venga - _

I am on my second venga (both manual) and 4th Kia, Also have 1 Ssangyong Korando.

The vengas and ix20's are good, just get one in your budget and don't worry about fuel with that mileage.

the second venga we have is 11 years old and just needed new shock absorbers and trackrod ends but previous owner otherwise maintained it well despite it going up and down a very bumpy track for 5 years . bits are relatively cheap, and if you are near colchester have some good people to work on it.

Read the Kiaownersclub forum for hints etc.

Thanks Orb for your prompt and very helpful reply. We live near Beverley so can't access good people in Colchester. Advice much appreciated.

www.burrowsmotorcompany.co.uk/kia/used-cars/147852.../

How about this one for you, from a kia dealer, so should get warranty. check service history.

Thanks, making enquiries

Do let us know how you get on.

Unfortunately couldn't agree deal.

Also advisory on tyre and brakes concerned me. Neither should ever be necessary in my view with a meticulously maintained car. Looking at MoT history means I'll probably never buy anything!

Thanks again for suggestion as it certainly met criteria, appreciated