What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Does your car have adaptive cruise/brake assist? - badbusdriver

If so, a cautionary tale!.

Was at my mates the other day and he told me about an incident involving his daughters partners car, a Golf GTI. He had the gubbins for the radar cruise/brake assist forcibly removed from the grill area while parked in Aberdeen.

To make matters worse, apparently he has been told he can't drive the car as this includes a safety factor!. Not sure if the insurance should cover something like this happening, but my mate certainly was speaking like the chap in question would have to stump up the cost of replacement himself.

So as this may turn out to be a common event, it may be worth forum members (with adaptive cruise/brake assist) giving extra consideration to where they park. If in a car park for instance, parking with the nose as close as possible to a wall.

Does your car have adaptive cruise/brake assist? - Adampr

Was it a 7.5 (2017 onwards, I think)? That's when they moved the sensor from the grille to the badge, so I'm imagine there is a market for the badge sensors to make earlier golfs look smarter. I can't believe anyone would want the plastic box from the grille.

Does your car have adaptive cruise/brake assist? - RT

Fortunately, my VW Touareg doesn't have adaptive cruise - It was an extra-cost option which I chose not to have as I'd already loaded £10,000 worth of options onto my factory order!

Having driven a courtesy car with them, they aren't features I miss.

Does your car have adaptive cruise/brake assist? - badbusdriver

Was it a 7.5 (2017 onwards, I think)? That's when they moved the sensor from the grille to the badge, so I'm imagine there is a market for the badge sensors to make earlier golfs look smarter. I can't believe anyone would want the plastic box from the grille.

Not sure the age/generation of GTI, my mate isn't that clued up on cars and I haven't seen it.

Does your car have adaptive cruise/brake assist? - elekie&a/c doctor
Nothing unusual, except the plastic box behind the lower grille is the radar sensor. These can cost anything up to £2k to replace . No wonder they get stolen.
Does your car have adaptive cruise/brake assist? - paul 1963

I got talking to a chap the other day, he had the led headlights stolen from his car, it was caught on his house cctv, took them under 5 minutes.....