What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda advert - badbusdriver

Came upon this great Honda advert on YT, very pleasing!

watch

Honda advert - alan1302

Always enjoyed that advert - very cleverly done and no computer trickery either.

Honda advert - KJP 123

Always enjoyed that advert - very cleverly done and no computer trickery either.

I don't think that the silencer would roll like that from so little height.

Honda advert - Bolt

It`s still well done, whether it could happen in real life doesn`t matter its still better than most adverts on TV...

Honda advert - alan1302

A clip on how the ad was made - without any CGI:

The Making Of Honda Cog - YouTube

Honda advert - edlithgow

If by "without any CGI" they mean they actually set that up, then...er...pull the other one.

It might be in a different universe where our boring laws of physics don't apply

Honda advert - alan1302

If by "without any CGI" they mean they actually set that up, then...er...pull the other one.

It might be in a different universe where our boring laws of physics don't apply

You might not want to be believe it but it was all done in one take without CGI.

Honda advert - Adampr

Not arguing here, as I definitely have bigger hills to die on, but how come wheels go up the ramp?

Honda advert - Adampr

Aaah. They're chocked underneath, so presumably weighted at the top. They'll need rebalancing.

Honda advert - edlithgow

Aaah. They're chocked underneath, so presumably weighted at the top. They'll need rebalancing.

You could also tilt the reference frame to apparently defy gravity.

That wouldný be CGI either.

But it would still be fake.

And we all know where faking stuff took them, eventually.

Oh wait...that was VW.

Edited by edlithgow on 23/06/2022 at 13:21

Honda advert - alan1302

You could also tilt the reference frame to apparently defy gravity.

That wouldný be CGI either.

But it would still be fake.

No doubt parts have been messed with to get them to do what they need to do - but the point is that no CGI was required and it was all done for real...despite a few posters finding that hard to believe for some reason.

Honda advert - mcb100
With a presumably uncomfortable driver lying across the front seats of the Accord, ready to apply a touch of right lock as it comes off the ramp.