What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Kia Proceed - Kia Proceed - Adampr

Anyone have experience of these (the newer 'shooting brake', not the old coupe)? I think it might suit my needs. I appreciate it's a Ceed underneath and will be all the things a Ceed is; just wondering if anyone has experienced one and noticed any particular good or bad points.

Kia Proceed - Kia Proceed - movilogo

I have a petrol DCT Ceed for last 6+ years.

Proceed = Ceed + longer boot. I never understood why Kia has both Sportwagon and Proceed.

Just checked on Kia website. Both Proceed and Sportwagon now showing as manual only option.

How are you finding the petrol DCT in your Ceed?

I think the idea is that the wagon is more practical and the Proceed is sexier. Sexy Kia's, whatever next?

Kia Proceed - Kia Proceed - Ian_SW

I looked at a Proceed (but didn't buy one) recently when I had to replace my car.

What put me off most was the boot. It was a reasonable size, but really wasn't that practical for something purporting to be a "stylish" version of an estate car. The tailgate opening seemed unnecessarily narrow and short which would make getting anything big in and out really awkward.

I'd have happily bought a Ceed estate (which I'd driven several times before and found pretty good) but there weren't any decent ones available locally. There were plenty of Proceeds and Ceed hatches but as the Proceed wasn't enough of an estate for me I ended up getting something else.

So, in conclusion, if you're happy with the boot it would be a fairly decent buy, but it wasn't for me.

Kia Proceed - Kia Proceed - movilogo

How are you finding the petrol DCT in your Ceed?

63k miles and fine so far. It has paddle shifters. Initially I thought it was gimmick but I ended up using it more frequently than I thought I'd do.

I shall be upset if my next car doesn't have paddle shifters.

Kia Proceed - Kia Proceed - thunderbird

During our lengthy search for a car to replace the Pulsar 1.6 DIG-T the Pro-Ceed 1.6 GT seemed to tick all the boxes. It had similar power to the the Pulsar and was standard auto with an electric handbrake, 3 of our essential features.

Interior space was good for people and luggage space was more than we actually needed. Regarding the Ceed Wagon being better that only applied if you needed to a carry big square box, space up to the luggage cover was virtually identical in both cars.

Then there was the dealer, a one site privately owned company with a sound reputation. About a 10 minute walk from home thus no issues with alternative transport for services etc. One person I know was stunned when they replaced his A/C condenser under warranty after a stone had holed it, he expected a large bill.

But it failed for us on 2 issues. First was mpg, our Pulsar was no eco warrior but its 35 mpg was better than the HJ Real figure for the Pro Ceed and the owner experiences on the Kia forum confirmed this. Then there was the spare wheel. There was a well under the carpet for a space saver spare but the dealer said there was no option for one on the GT. I asked on the Forum and was told it was the fact that the front brakes were too large for a space saver to fit. But one owner said he had been sold a kit by his dealer and he accepted if he had a front puncture it would mean putting the spare on the rear and the good rear on the front, more work but as he pointed out space savers should be fitted on the rear. Asked our local dealer and he said that for H & S reasons they could not sell me one since if I was injured changing 2 wheels instead instead of 1 I would be in a position to claim damages.

Sent an e-mail query to Kia Customer Services but never received a reply. their loss, my gain, the Octavia definitely suits us better.

Great stuff. Thanks.

For anyone interested, I had a test drive today. The only available car was a 1.4 GT line manual, which is not what I want, but was useful enough to work out if I like the model. Actually very impressed; boot was great, interior seemed roomy (I did even bother sitting in the back) and only really let down by the usual Kia abundance of black plastic. The controls were good, though, and the seats very comfy.

The car drove very nicely. Much quicker than I thought it would be, surprisingly agile and loads of grip. Quite a lot of tyre noise.

If I can find the right spec and transmission, I think I'll probably buy one.