What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Renault Megane E-Tech Electric - Emergency Services - mcb100
Doing some reading and research into the new electric Megane, and I’ve just been finding out about a QR code that some manufacturers put on the windscreen or drivers door glass to aid firefighters.
In the case of the Megane, scanning the QR will tell emergency services that there is an isolator switch under the rear seat cushion that will terminate high voltage circuits, and that there is a port accessible through which the battery can be flooded.
It’s said that a battery fire can be extinguished in five minutes, rather than leaving it to burn for two or three hours.
Renault Megane E-Tech Electric - Emergency Services - daveyjp

The emergency services advice stickers have been around a very long time. My 2010 B class had a similar system, that was pre QR codes, but they came in a few years later.

Renault Megane E-Tech Electric - Emergency Services - ifekas

I'm not sure how much use these QR codes are in the UK. My local fire service uses Moditech Crash Recovery System which can now read number plates using the device camera and display the relevant information for isolating electrics/airbags, and points for using the cutting tools etc for extrication; but maybe these types of apps are not in used by every UK fire service.