What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Peugeot 308sw 2016 - Siphoning diesal from new Peugeot - Riddeck

Hi,

By mistake we put petrol into out 2016 Peugeot 308. Any tips on how to siphon it out please?

I have a siphon and an attachment allowing access to the fuel tank, but the 60cm pipe doesn't seem to reach the diesal at all, even though it goes fully in.

I don't know if there is an anti siphon device of some sort fitted, or if the tube needs to be weighted to reach it?

Thanks

Peugeot 308sw 2016 - Siphoning diesal from new Peugeot - Steveieb

Maybe worth checking to see if this is something that your insurance covers?

Peugeot 308sw 2016 - Siphoning diesal from new Peugeot - Gibbo_Wirral

I thought anti-siphon devices were fitted as standard these days.

Many petrol stations stock the business cards of mis-fuelling companies who come to you and sort it

Peugeot 308sw 2016 - Siphoning diesal from new Peugeot - _

Whatever you do, DO NOT DRIVE IT. OR start it.

Pay the experts to clean it, cheaper in the long run

Peugeot 308sw 2016 - Siphoning diesal from new Peugeot - bathtub tom

What do you propose doing with the petrol/diesel liquid you syphon out? The experts will have a method of disposing of it.

Peugeot 308sw 2016 - Siphoning diesal from new Peugeot - Andrew-T

You haven't told us the extent of the 'damage'. If the tank is still mostly diesel and you didn't add much petrol, you could probably fill up with diesel and continue as normal. If not, do as suggested above.

Peugeot 308sw 2016 - Siphoning diesal from new Peugeot - John F

..... we put petrol into out 2016 Peugeot 308. Any tips on how to siphon it out please?

I have a siphon and an attachment allowing access to the fuel tank, but the 60cm pipe .....

You'll need some thin tubing considerably longer than 2ft!