What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fiat Tipo - swansea_karl

Someone on my other thread suggested looking at a Fiat Tipo.
There seems to be many 1.4 easy models around. Although i have a feeling they are underpowered, looking at reviews. what petrol model is worth looking at?

Cheers

Fiat Tipo - daveyK_UK
Hi, I thought the 1.4 was fine.

My friend had a Tipo cross as a hire car recently which had a 1.0 turbo charged engine which he stated was similar to his Ford (1.0 eco boost).

If the 1.0 in the Tipo drives anything like the 1.0 eco boost then it will be a very good drive.

Fiat Tipo - SLO76
Never driven one but in typical Fiat form they’ll fall apart from year 7 and around 70,000 miles. They plummet in value too so expect peanuts when it comes time to sell. That said, they’re good value and perfectly adequate cars as long as you don’t keep them too long and don’t overpay.
Fiat Tipo - lordwoody

"Never driven one but in typical Fiat form they’ll fall apart from year 7 and around 70,000 miles."

So how do you know what they're like as you've never had one? Stupid pointless comment. ( And I drive a Golf, so I have no pro-Fiat axe to grind)

Fiat Tipo - Xileno

Maybe not driven but SLO will have based his views on years of experience in the trade and talking to other traders. Word gets around quite quickly which cars are good and those best left or at least treated with caution.

Fiat Tipo - Andrew-T

So how do you know what they're like as you've never had one? Stupid pointless comment. ( And I drive a Golf, so I have no pro-Fiat axe to grind)

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with regular contributors to this forum, or your own comment would merit the same description.

Fiat Tipo - Big John

One star review on this site :- www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/fiat/tipo-2016/

They used to be really cheap from brokers - not so at the moment really

Fiat Tipo - alan1302

One star review on this site :- www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/fiat/tipo-2016/

They used to be really cheap from brokers - not so at the moment really

I find that a bit of a sily review giving it only 1 star - they say it's comfortable/sturdy and easy to drive - that's hardly terrible. For me a 1 star car would have significant faults with it.

Fiat Tipo - Sulphur Man

They were available for a while with a 1.6 petrol and 5-speed tc auto - 1.6 e-torq I think it's called. I thought one of those, in estate form, might be a savvy buy as a daily hack and workhorse. The auto estates are quite rare though.

Edited by Sulphur Man on 02/03/2022 at 12:52

Fiat Tipo - swansea_karl

Certainly cheaper than the competition.

Tempting.