What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Used Car With High Driving Position <9K - singingsister

Hi everyone,

I currently have a 2017 Nissan Note with good spec that I'm looking to get rid of.

The main reason is that I want something with a higher driving position. I used to have a Skoda SUV (family car pre divorce :( ) and quite frankly I was spoilt rotten!

I only have the part ex value of my Note which is about £9000 maximum so I know I'm limited to car options in this budget. I am not in a position to get finance or a loan so it's the car part ex value only.

Needs to be petrol and preferably 1.2L. Would consider 1.6L if necessary. Trying to keep road tax and fuel costs as little as I can!

The only thing I've found is a few Nissan Juke's which I'm not adverse to but fancy a different make if I can.

Spec needs to have bluetooth, DAB kind of level.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Used Car With High Driving Position <9K - badbusdriver

Needs to be petrol and preferably 1.2L. Would consider 1.6L if necessary. Trying to keep road tax and fuel costs as little as I can!

Road tax costs are not directly related to engine size, but emissions. Fuel costs are also not directly related to engine size but a combination factors including power output, vehicle weight, aerodynamics and how it is driven.

The only thing I've found is a few Nissan Juke's which I'm not adverse to but fancy a different make if I can.

Kia Soul

Suzuki Vitara or SX4 S Cross

Used Car With High Driving Position <9K - JonestHon

My MIL loves these CRV's ones with the 1.6 Diesel, she have a dodgy hip and like to lord over mere mortals, what's not to like? They do one with petrol 2.0 but it's a bit slow from the the get go.

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202202242898491?a...0

Edited by JonestHon on 25/02/2022 at 21:08

Used Car With High Driving Position <9K - daveyK_UK
Peugeot Partner Teepe, Citroen Berlingo Multispace or Fiat Doblo

Used Car With High Driving Position <9K - SLO76
“ I only have the part ex value of my Note which is about £9000 maximum so I know I'm limited to car options in this budget. I am not in a position to get finance or a loan so it's the car part ex value only.”

With finances so tight you need to take a step back and have a rethink. Instead of buying an older and more costly to run and much less reliable SUV you need to focus on low running costs and reliability. Assuming the Note is a manual example it’s a perfectly adequate little car that’ll do everything you need it to do without causing any of the painful repair or maintenance bills an older SUV would. My advice is thus, keep your Note until your finances are in a better state. It’ll do the job just fine. Forget image and prestige until you can afford it.

Edited by SLO76 on 25/02/2022 at 23:06

Used Car With High Driving Position <9K - John F

Have you sat in a pre 2020 Peugeot 2008? Unusually, you look over the top of the steering wheel at the dials which gives the impression of a high driving position. We've got one - it's a bit like driving a go-cart. If you are not very tall it has the advantage of one of the lowest level boot openings around for loading shopping, or an old dog.