What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - JazzyJazz

I just noticed two white streaks one morning on my windshield. They line up with how my wipers move and they are parallel to each other.

I was wondering if it could be a scratch? I tried rubbing my nail across it, there was a different texture and sound but I couldn't tell if it goes in or out. I tried wiping and pressure washing but it didn't come off.

Is there anything else I could do to investigate?

Any help would be appreciated thank you

Edited by JazzyJazz on 24/02/2022 at 19:10

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - badbusdriver

It certainly could be a scratch, a little bit of grit or something on the wiper blade. This can very easily happen at this time of year with the roads being so dirty.

But it may not be. Your use of the word 'streak' suggests something a bit less well defined. So it could be some kind sealer or adhesive.

If it is the latter, something like thinners should remove it, or you could try scraping it off using a Stanley knife blade or similar. Just be careful, don't apply much pressure and keep the angle between blade and screen as small as possible.

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - focussed

The old dodge was to use toothpaste, the original old fashioined white stuff if that still exists.

It's slightly abrasive, if it won't damage the enamel on your teeth it won't damage your screen.

Damp piece of cotton cloth, old towel etc, try to polish the "scratch" out, wipe off with a damp piece of kitchen roll. If that doesn't alter the appearance of it it probably is a scratch, so you will need to get a screen polish kit.

Told to me by a work colleague who had been an RAFairframe fitter on Venom's with the flat armoured glass front screen.

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - Gibbo_Wirral

I've used cerium oxide to polish out minor windscreen scratches

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - FoxyJukebox
1) hot water and washing up liquid on screen and wipers-rinse
2) Toothpaste applied with kitchen scourer -rinse
3) Thinners
4) new windscreen and windscreen rubbers
OR
Live with it
Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - bathtub tom
2) Toothpaste applied with kitchen scourer -rinse

Please don't. I've seen a windscreen scratched with a plastic kitchen scourer.

Whatever happened to the veto on cooking rooms?

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - Armitage Shanks {p}

The scourer side can easily scratch a windshield, as I know to my cost. There is a very very mild polish called Jeweller's rouge which cant do any harm if it does not work

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - RichT54

I found using a piece of clay bar, a little water spray and a microfibre cloth quite effective at removing stubborn marks (not scratches) from a windscreen.

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - badbusdriver

Toothpaste applied with kitchen scourer -rinse

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't. I've seen a windscreen scratched with a plastic kitchen scourer.

You do get non scratch scouring pads, I sometimes use them to get rid of stubborn marks (usually dried on bird poo!) on customers windows. But that does need to be emphasised, because normal scouring pads definately will scratch the glass.

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - FoxyJukebox

Sorry-I should have added that only a ridged cloth should of course be be used for the front. The occasion I used a scourer was on a rear window. I apologise for not clarifying.

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - alan1302

Sorry-I should have added that only a ridged cloth should of course be be used for the front. The occasion I used a scourer was on a rear window. I apologise for not clarifying.

Because scratchers from scouers don't matter on the back? :-) Think as long as it's a non-scratch one it would be fine on the windscreen...just don't try a brillo pad!

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - madf

Clean windscreen

Clean blades carefully with WD40 on a cloth . (carefully to remove all deposits)

Makes a HUGE difference.

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - bathtub tom

WD40 contains oil (not a lot). Do you really want to be smearing that on your windshield?

WD40 contains oil (not a lot). Do you really want to be smearing that on your windshield?

I have done it. No smears. The silicone lubricates the blades and the oil is removed during the cleaning.

I may be stupid but,,:-)

I have done it. No smears. The silicone lubricates the blades and the oil is removed during the cleaning.

There is no silicone in WD-40 though to lubricate the blades.

Still works. I clean my Jazz wipers every 3 months or so as described.

Still works. I clean my Jazz wipers every 3 months or so as described.

Never said it didn't. Will have to give it a try on mine.

Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - mcb100
0000 grade steel wool may work, depending on the severity.
It removes contaminants from the glass without scratching.
Honda Jazz - Wiper scratches on windshield? - Ethan Edwards

Small bit of Duraglit metal polish wadding.