What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Excluding punctures from Recovery cover - Steveieb

After an earlier thread about Dacia warranty including recovery excluding punctures I find that this exclusion also affects Renault.

So the main reason to call for assistance is excluded and most owners will only find out when it’s too late. Like the Rip off Britain correspondent who waited four hours for the RAC to inform him that the cover excluded damage to wheels.

So who are the good guys who include puncture cover, which must make up a good proportion of call outs after batteries ?

And does the AA cover introduced by Nationwide Flex plus cover wheel and punctures ?

Excluding punctures from Recovery cover - Bromptonaut

Could you provide a link to the original thread?

If this is indeed the case (Renault's website suggests tyre cover is limited to 36months) then it's truly shocking. Are drivers really left at the mercy of the elements and everything else, including Smart Motorway risks, in the event of a flat?

Do we need somebody to be killed before this sort of unfairness is addressed?

EDIT: Now found the Dacia thread. It seems this is not AA style cover but part of the vehicle warranty so only covers warranty items. Punctures along with misfuelling and issues with keys locked in are not covered.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 11/02/2022 at 14:41

Excluding punctures from Recovery cover - HGV ~ P Valentine

Read the small print and go elsewhere, green flag, rac and AA all cover puncture repair.

Edited by A Driver since 1988, HGV 2006 on 15/02/2022 at 07:55

Excluding punctures from Recovery cover - focussed

I'm in the process of buying a pre-reg 0 km Dacia Duster here in France from an online agency, the dealers haven't got any stock of what I want.

I just looked up the warranty applicable to Dacia France and it includes tyres, keys etc.

"Loss of key, technical problem, puncture...: Dacia Assistance is at your side in all circumstances 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anywhere in France and Europe"

Hopefully I don't need it!

Excluding punctures from Recovery cover - Steveieb

That seems so unfair focussed.

Renault UK and Dacia should really make their customers aware of this exclusion before they get caught out on a smart motorway.

Excluding punctures from Recovery cover - Big John

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/160205/dacia-sande...4