What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Alfa Romeo Toenail - Metropolis.
Just me?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2022-01/2022-al.../
Alfa Romeo Toenail - JonestHon

It can join the long line of unfortunate model names.

Mitsubishi decided not market their utilitarian SUV the Pajero in Spain under that moniker for understandable reasons.

Alfa Romeo Toenail - Xileno

Depends how it gets pronounced by non-Italian speakers I suppose. I guess it's something along the lines Toe-nar-lee?

Yes, I can see how it would be pronounced in an Italian accent, but just amazed such a name got signed off for ROW
Alfa Romeo Toenail - Sofa Spud

Two things spoil this car. One is the ugly wheels and the other is that Alfa Romeo have yet again failed to provide for a centrally mounted front number plate, instead opting for a clumsy offset mounting.

www.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles...p

There's a good opportunity for an accessory maker - making tasteful central number plate mountings for Alfa Romeos.

Edited by Sofa Spud on 22/01/2022 at 16:16

Alfa Romeo Toenail - groaver

"Pretty styling will be one of the Alfa Tonale’s biggest selling points in a class that’s festooned with samey-looking SUVs – it’s a trick the Stelvio has already pulled off to great effect.

If you say so Russell.

Personally, it's another samey-looking SUV.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2022-01/2022-al.../

Edited by groaver on 22/01/2022 at 16:58

Alfa Romeo Toenail - Mike Lyons

Two things spoil this car. One is the ugly wheels and the other is that Alfa Romeo have yet again failed to provide for a centrally mounted front number plate, instead opting for a clumsy offset mounting.

www.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles...p

There's a good opportunity for an accessory maker - making tasteful central number plate mountings for Alfa Romeos.

I'd agree about the ugly wheels with ridiculous low profile tyres, but not the offset front plate. Looks quite elegant to me.

To me that's a Alfa Romeo design 'signature' . I don't think that would affect sales at all as a lot of AR want something that's a bit different.

I'm sure there will be those who like the offset plate AND the wheels.

Alfa Romeo Toenail - Manatee

To me that's a Alfa Romeo design 'signature' . I don't think that would affect sales at all as a lot of AR want something that's a bit different.

I'm sure there will be those who like the offset plate AND the wheels.

The 'pepperpot' wheels are also an Alfa styling signature. I don't like the rubber bands but I do like pepperpots.

Alfa Romeo Toenail - Brit_in_Germany

It is a pass next to the Stelvio and also has a musical context.

Interesting, many thanks.
Alfa Romeo Toenail - Engineer Andy

Depends how it gets pronounced by non-Italian speakers I suppose. I guess it's something along the lines Toe-nar-lee?

Eh Tony - sounds Mafioso somehow. :-)

Probably like almost all Alfas - nice looking, promises much (including decent reliability) from the press blurb in comparison to Beemers, etc, rarely delivers on any.