What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Hyundai Tucson 2016 - Damp patch under passenger floor mat? - TriciaA

I noticed a couple months ago a dampish smell in my car, couldn't figure out why until lifted the passenger floor mat.

The carpeting isn't really wet but it has water marks on it.

Obviously something is leaking from somewhere (AC?)

Is this something I can fix myself, is there a blockage somewhere within easy reach?

Many thanks .

1.7 CRDi Blue Drive S 5dr 2WD

(

Edited by TriciaA on 17/01/2022 at 16:22

Hyundai Tucson 2016 - Damp patch under passenger floor mat? - elekie&a/c doctor
The ac system produces water that should exit the car through a plastic/ rubber tube . It’s possible that it is blocked or become dislodged . Probably best left to someone that knows what to do . There’s a lot of electrical gubbins up behind the dash .
Hyundai Tucson 2016 - Damp patch under passenger floor mat? - Big John

It's worth trying to lift/look under the carpet - any water lurking underneath and if so what colour is it? If it's got the same colour as the engine coolant then you have a leaking heater matrix.

Does your car have a sunroof? These have drains that can cause issues

If your aircon hasn't been on for a while (it's cold out there!) then if you are still getting water coming in then it's less likely to air con condensate. However It might have been there from the summer though - Look under the car and I think on the Tuscon there is a rubber drain pipe emerging near the footwells / bulkhead /transmission tunnel that can be possibly cleared by inserting a long cable tie. This does vary between versions though.

Hyundai Tucson 2016 - Damp patch under passenger floor mat? - privateinvestor

Change the pollen filter as a precaution. Could also be a leak in the ac system and or heater matrix.