What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Toyota - to the moon and back - Trilogy.

mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-people-the-400000-mile-ave.../

Toyota - to the moon and back - badbusdriver

peugeot---taxi

Toyota - to the moon and back - movilogo

Million mile Volvo

www.motor1.com/news/550236/million-mile-volvo-740-.../

Many cars are now capable of doing 200k-300k miles easily with proper maintenance.

Nevertheless it is a good achievement and Toyota backs their cars with 10 years warranty now.

Toyota - to the moon and back - Brit_in_Germany

How far has Elon's space-launched Tesla travelled by now?

Toyota - to the moon and back - John F

Many cars are now capable of doing 200k-300k miles easily with proper maintenance.

For mundane steel cars to achieve that, e.g. our 21yr old Focus now on 162,000 miles, the 'proper maintenance' would need to include careful attention to early signs of underbody corrosion, something not usually done at dealer garage services.

Nevertheless it is a good achievement and Toyota backs their cars with 10 years warranty now.

I bet they do. This warranty is presumably intended to tie in owners, no matter what their mileage, into at least nine dealer garage services which will probably add several thousand pounds of unnecessary highly priced work to the cost of ownership, and will probably not include the careful preventive economical maintenance that I have applied to our Focus - which in our nearly eighteen years of ownership has never had a garage 'service'.

Edited by John F on 10/01/2022 at 10:47

Toyota - to the moon and back - SLO76
Highest mileage car I’ve ever bought and sold was a Toyota Carina XLd with over 450,000 miles and the only fault I could pick with it was a squeaky clutch pedal. The only thing that eventually killed these was rust. If we had simple engines and transmissions like this but with today’s rust protection know how cars would last as long as you wanted them to. I also knew a taxi driver with a Peugeot E7 2.0 HDi that had over 950,000 miles on its original engine.

It would be interesting to see the outcome of an impartial research paper into the full life environmental and economic full life impact of running a simple longer lasting but more polluting car compared to the real full life impact of an electric car including the either early scrapping or the hugely costly factor of requiring a new or refurbed battery pack at some point in its life. The real full life impact is never fully measured by any of these studies into motoring environmental impact as they’re always done with bias from one side or the other.

Imagine if you could buy a modern Carina with no complex mechanical components to fail early, it would do say 45/50mpg for its life and with modern rust protection it would last 20yrs plus a without any major problem while you’d need two, maybe three electric cars produced over the same period.

Edited by SLO76 on 10/01/2022 at 10:43

Toyota - to the moon and back - paul 1963

Ex work mate had a Montego estate with the Perkins diesel, had 400,000 on it last time I saw him.

Toyota - to the moon and back - Rerepo

Loads of Toyotas in SE Asia run to these mileages. Bangkok taxis are mostly Corolla Altis and are usually run to 700k km before they are retired.

Toyota - to the moon and back - Xileno

"Ex work mate had a Montego estate with the Perkins diesel, had 400,000 on it last time I saw him."

I spend far too much time on this young bloke's channel but there's a Montego with well over a million miles featured - jump to 6.15 in the vid

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoVCuzbYY0

Toyota - to the moon and back - Metropolis.
Austin Moontago?
Toyota - to the moon and back - SLO76

Ex work mate had a Montego estate with the Perkins diesel, had 400,000 on it last time I saw him.

That engine would easily outlast the rest of the car. Brilliant things, if a bit noisy.
Toyota - to the moon and back - Bilboman

A million miles is impressive, but the late, great Irv Gordon took it to a higher level altogether. wyantgroup.com/remembering-the-three-million-mile-.../

Great advice: "Follow the factory service manual, replace worn or broken parts immediately, don’t let anyone else drive your car and always use the turn signal!"

Edited by Bilboman on 11/01/2022 at 13:56

Toyota - to the moon and back - movilogo

I shall die of boredom if I have to drive same car for 200k miles :o)

Toyota - to the moon and back - brum

Great advice: "Follow the factory service manual, replace worn or broken parts immediately, don’t let anyone else drive your car and always use the turn signal!"

Sounds a bit like triggers broom to me m.youtube.com/watch?v=LAh8HryVaeY