What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Hyundai. Kia - Used prices crystal ball - wantstolearn

Impossible to be certain but any idea when, if prices will become sensible again ? Obviously dealers are after as.much as they can get but at the moment it's crazy. Also not been offered matching increase in p/x offer. I am looking at simple petrol engines.

Edited by wantstolearn on 03/01/2022 at 10:09

Hyundai. Kia - Used prices crystal ball - _

Prices won't become "sensible" again, although some are offering incentives on outgoing models.

A very strange example of that was when I decided that my back and hips could not carry on in the Kia Stonic, there were only high spec Sportages available, all hybrid, which I didn't want, plus it is the outgoing model. No discounts, no pcp contributions.

Now Kia are offering deposit contributions again for PCP deals on the outgoing sportages.

Another little odd thing is that the dealer who bought my stonic early november had reduced the sale price now twice by £500 each time, both times before christmas and now sold it for £749 more than they paid me for it.

Edited by _ORB_ on 03/01/2022 at 11:31

Thanks ORB. I'm only intending to spend c£10000. So no new car incentives. Is there any point in waiting ? Main concern with older car is rust. I understand it all depends on a number of issues.

Hyundai. Kia - Used prices crystal ball - movilogo

When doing my own research on Autotrader, I noticed following patterns:

[1] The number of smaller cars (city/hatchback) available for sale is lower than larger cars (SUVs).

[2] Prices didn't change even when we moved to 2022 (granted only 3 days so far)

[3] I have not noticed reduced prices much, the ads are sticking long but then disappears (presumably cars sold)

I am tracking Kia and Toyota mainly so it could be biased observation.

Cars like RAV4 still costing more to buy used than new (because of long wait).

Kia is particularly an intersting one. There are far fewer Ceeds available compared to Sportage. I don't know the reason. Common sense says cheaper cars should be available in larger numbers.

I think most Ceed owners (like me) holding off to their cars because I want to upgrade (say to Sportage) but can't find any decent car in my budget because they are all priced high.

That brings the question, why so many Sportages are available for sale? Upgrading from Sportage is only Sorento or similar/larger cars in other brands but that does not make much financial sense as other SUVs would be very similar but much higher priced. Or people may be downgrading?

If you find one that suits you close to me (Colchester) I'll slip along and look at it for you.

Have you considered a SSangyong Tivoli ?

Petrols available in your budget, and a bit more will get one in warranty. 7 years like Kia, but check service history.

My neighbours Venga that is now 10 years old might be available soon, she has had to stop driving, mechanically superb, but a few scrapes, (no dents)

0r this not far from me

.www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202112230768153?p...1

Edited by _ORB_ on 03/01/2022 at 13:02

Hyundai. Kia - Used prices crystal ball - movilogo

Thanx. I would have interested in Tivoli XLV but that have been pulled out from market. May be Ssangyong want people to buy Korando instead.

There is a trend for manufacturers to pull out mid line up models to push traffic to SUVs.

Kia has discontinued Soul (only available as EV). A Soul with extended boot like Tivoli XLV would have nicely filled the gap before Sportage but that could have cannibalised Sportage sales.

Toyota is going to introduce Corolla Cross in UK market this year. This might pull some buyers away from RAV4 as there is a big gap between Yaris Cross/C-HR and RAV4.

Thanx. I would have interested in Tivoli XLV but that have been pulled out from market. May be Ssangyong want people to buy Korando instead.

There is a trend for manufacturers to pull out mid line up models to push traffic to SUVs.

Kia has discontinued Soul (only available as EV). A Soul with extended boot like Tivoli XLV would have nicely filled the gap before Sportage but that could have cannibalised Sportage sales.

Toyota is going to introduce Corolla Cross in UK market this year. This might pull some buyers away from RAV4 as there is a big gap between Yaris Cross/C-HR and RAV4.

The used Tivoli was for wants to learn, but how about a Dacia Jogger TCE110 in white for £14995 for either of you. (PCP for wants to learn?)

www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/jogger/configurator/summa...c

If you want the space/don't need the back row, remove or fold flat?

Thanks everyone. Thanks ORB, your kind offer is much appreciated. As a principle I try to buy within 35 miles of Beverley, East Yorkshire, just in case......

I'm looking at Venga or ix200. I know ix was updated 2015 but not wanting to have more than £1000 in a car. Also dislike ISH and some other improvements (?). Change in auto and less risk of rust. Wear and tear. Lots of aspects to consider. I know I over think !!!!

Thanks everyone. Thanks ORB, your kind offer is much appreciated. As a principle I try to buy within 35 miles of Beverley, East Yorkshire, just in case......

I'm looking at Venga or ix200. I know ix was updated 2015 but not wanting to have more than £1000 in a car. Also dislike ISH and some other improvements (?). Change in auto and less risk of rust. Wear and tear. Lots of aspects to consider. I know I over think !!!!

I understood your budget was £10.000 not £1000..

???

Oops. Yes £10000 . Had a tiring day !

Hyundai. Kia - Used prices crystal ball - daveyK_UK
PCP is the way to go at the money with the exception of you can find a good pre reg deal but they are few and far between.

I know someone who got a good pre reg deal on a Fiat Tipo estate but I think it was more to do with it being a diesel model as to why the dealer was competitive on price.

Hyundai. Kia - Used prices crystal ball - badbusdriver

I know someone who got a good pre reg deal on a Fiat Tipo estate but I think it was more to do with it being a diesel model as to why the dealer was competitive on price.

Not sure the estate is needed here, the OP is looking at a Kia Venga/Hyundai IX20, neither of which is an estate. And as it happens, the boot on the Tipo hatchback has exactly the same capacity as the two Koreans!.

2020 Tipo hatchback on Autotrader for £10.5k