What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Toyota Aygo X - Saw car.. - _

I was passing our local Toyota dealer the other day, and spied an odd looking little crossover,

stopped and had a peek, very friendly and not pushy salesman opened car for me to try seats when I explained my problems with the stonic.

As soon as I got in he said quite honestly, that's not the car for you sir.

But it did look nice..

Toyota Aygo X - Saw car.. - badbusdriver

Haven't seen one in the flesh, but I've watched some 'walk round' video's. Not subtle is it?!.

Looks wise, I think I prefer our Suzuki Ignis but that doesn't mean we won't get one once our three years are up. Depends what we think of it in the flesh, and what the Motability prices are on it at the time.

Actually just realised that the video's I've seen were the concept, not the production car!. The production version is still distinctive looking, but not quite as much as the concept.

Having now looked at a walk-round video for the production version, I have to say I am a little disappointed. The rear seat space looks absolutely pitiful. Now I know this is a small car, but so is the Suzuki Ignis and it has an amazing amount of rear seat space. I looked at the specs and it turns out that the Aygo X has exactly the same overall length and more or less the same wheelbase (5mm shorter) as the Ignis. So quite why Toyota have not been able to utilise the space as effectively as the Ignis (now 5 years old) is anyone's guess. Also, the Ignis (apart from the entry level model) has two individually sliding rear seats so you can pick and choose whether to maximise boot space or rear legroom (though even with the seats slid right back, the boot is still a very reasonable size for such a small car). Why couldn't Toyota offer the same instead of deciding that Aygo X owners don't want more rear legroom but do want a bigger boot (compared to the old car)?.

Toyota Aygo X - Saw car.. - RT

I have a first generation Citroen C1, cloned with Peugeot 107 and Toyota Aygo - it's my little run-around for short local trips - the seating position isn't good as the backrest is too vertical in order to reach the steering wheel.

The Aygo X is the latest version - with lifted suspension.

I have a first generation Citroen C1, cloned with Peugeot 107 and Toyota Aygo - it's my little run-around for short local trips - the seating position isn't good as the backrest is too vertical in order to reach the steering wheel.

The Aygo X is the latest version - with lifted suspension.

The Aygo X is actually a completely different car to the old one, based on the platform of the current Yaris.

There won't be a Citroen or Peugeot version, so it is all Toyota.

Toyota Aygo X - Saw car.. - bathtub tom

the backrest is too vertical in order to reach the steering wheel.

Surely that would mean it places you even closer to the wheel?

Toyota Aygo X - Saw car.. - RT

the backrest is too vertical in order to reach the steering wheel.

Surely that would mean it places you even closer to the wheel?

No, it's still arms outstretched - I'm 6'0" so the seat would be all the way back but the steering wheel is only adjustable vertically so I can't recline the seat to my usual angle - my solution is to move the seat forward 3 notches - as I posted, it's not a good driving position but tolerable for short journeys.

Toyota Aygo X - Saw car.. - paul 1963

Not getting cold feet over the ssang thing already ORB? :)

If you were willing to part company with the airbag, maybe something like this would help?!

Toyota Aygo X - Saw car.. - _

Not getting cold feet over the ssang thing already ORB? :)

When I saw the toyota, it was before i had decided on the SSangyong, but didn't post at that time.

Double dragon being collected saturday AM,

Plus 1 in the passenger seat....