What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 2002 5door 1.6 - Heater Blower- does it Give a fault code? - jaruler

Hi All

Does a fault with my Ford Focus Heater Blower give a fault code that can be picked up by a diagnostic?

I was told by mechanic friends it would not on a 2002 plate. However garage said they would charge for a diagnostic check.

So if my friend is correct the garage must know by now that no fault would be found is is a useless activity with no customer benefit. then are they doing it to fleece me?

Or is my friend incorrect and thus a problem with the heater blower would give a fault code?

I have already replaced fuses and heater resister, so its either has to be the heater blower or a electrical issue why mine no longer works.

How easy it is it to do the work myself if i buy a new heater blower? Should i get an electrical test done first?

your advise would be helpful.

thank you

Ford Focus 2002 5door 1.6 - Heater Blower- does it Give a fault code? - elekie&a/c doctor
This is a basic manual operation system . There is no diagnostic code system for this . Simple checks and test should identify the fault . Speed resistor and fan motor are the usual problem areas .