What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Tyre City is no more - Engineer Andy

It appears Tyre City is no more - who they were previously owned by, I don't know, but since 1st Oct some of the outlets have gone (or in my local branch's case, back to) Kwik Fit, others to STS Tyre Pros. The list of which (if you're at all interested) is on their website, link below:

www.tyrecity.co.uk/

Not exactly Earth-shattering news, but there we have it nonetheless.

I suspect little will change in terms of quality of service (make of that what you will).

Tyre City is no more - Zippy123
I found them to be excellent.

Happy to give advice and competitive.

The local depot will be a Tyre Pro now. I’m glad they’re depot is still there as it’s tiny - one car capacity.

I found them to be excellent. Happy to give advice and competitive. The local depot will be a Tyre Pro now. I’m glad they’re depot is still there as it’s tiny - one car capacity.

I suspect whether a local franchise is good or not dependeon how it's managed. My local never had a particularly good rep, but then they didn't really when they were a Kwik Fit either. Handy for me if I was in a jam and needed a new tyre in an 'emergency' (though luckily never have) as it's 200yds from my home, otherwise...

I've found buying direct from Blackcircles then getting them fitted at my local Mazda main dealer was, for me, best value for money and reasonable service.

My Tyre City only changed from Kwik Fit just over a couple of years ago. I wonder what happened to the firm? A lack of business due to the pandemic, perhaps?

Tyre City is no more - daveyjp

Similar end to McConechy's/Gordons. Always excellent service and prices, but now part of Halfords and outlets have closed.

Tyre City is no more - alan1302

My Tyre City only changed from Kwik Fit just over a couple of years ago. I wonder what happened to the firm? A lack of business due to the pandemic, perhaps?

Tyre City and Kwik are owned by the same company - expect they are doing this so use the bigger brand name of Kwik Fit the STS Tyre Pros that some of them are becoming is owned by Stapletons - also owned by the same company as Kwik Fit!

Tyre City and Kwik are owned by the same company - expect they are doing this so use the bigger brand name of Kwik Fit the STS Tyre Pros that some of them are becoming is owned by Stapletons - also owned by the same company as Kwik Fit!

Sounds very monopolistic to me! What a waste of time and money 're-branding' then back again. I wouldn't be surprised if some of it was done to deflect poor local reviews of a franchise, despite the staff staying the same after the 'change'.

Tyre City is no more - alan1302

Sounds very monopolistic to me! What a waste of time and money 're-branding' then back again. I wouldn't be surprised if some of it was done to deflect poor local reviews of a franchise, despite the staff staying the same after the 'change'.

I think Tyre City have always been a different brand so they are not re-branding them again just consolidating under fewer brands.

Tyre City is no more - SLO76
Aaah, the very lads who mucked up my poor old Toyota but then came good and sorted it after four visits. Can’t fault the manager, once involved he soon sorted things.
Tyre City is no more - Chris M

They wouldn't get a fifth visit from me.