What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honest John car filter - MOB993

I recently purchased a car and this website was particularly useful in making a decision as to what car to look at. I was particularly concerned about MPG as I do a fair but of milage.

However Honest John could go one step further in utilising all the information they have to help narrow down selecting a car.

If you were able to filter through the database much like say autotrader with filters such as make / model / body/ fuel type / MPG / seats /transmission etc etc then it could spit out a selection of cars that suit your needs.

I hope the people behind the Honest John get to see this.

If it's already out there please let me know

Honest John car filter - Xileno

There is the Car Chooser tool:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/chooser/?

It's not perfect - I put in small + economical + petrol and the list output was sensible apart from the BMW i3.

It will at least output some suggestions to think about.

Honest John car filter - catsdad

The tool was developed under the original ownership of the site. Under the new ownership, a year or so ago, much of the site has been monetised. In the new environment its unlikely that a consumer-focused, manufacturer agnostic car choosing tool would be developed. This is not a criticism of the site, it’s the way of the world and the only way of supporting it as free to users.

Good as it was in the past the site struggled to succeed as a business.