What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - Trilogy.

A friend has instructed me to sell his 2006, five doors, Ford Focus Sport. It has 3 owners from new, FSH with receipts from the last 10 years, and has covered 70,000 miles. It's in very good condition but the aircon isn't very cold. It doesn't have a heated windscreen, colour is a metallic orange/red. Three weeks ago WBAC offered £595, last week that increased to £650. I was thinking of advertising at £950 but am now wondering if I should be asking more?

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - _

if you go to WBAC you'll avoid a lot of hassle...

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - elekie&a/c doctor
You haven’t specified what engine it has , whether petrol or diesel. This could affect its value if you live near any ulez zone . The sport is actually a low spec model . This is a sub £1k motor . If you advertise privately , you’ll get the usual parade of tyre kickers viewing it .

1.6, petrol.

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - 72 dudes

In the current climate, plus being in East Anglia, I would try it at £1500 if you can be bothered with the looky-loos.

Cheapest price on Autotrader within 40 miles of BSE is £1695 for a poverty spec 1.4

Aircon probably just needs a re-gas, £50.

Then if no interest, WBAC, the value will probably have increased to £750 in a couple of weeks.

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - pd

I would have thought it would romp off at £995. Maybe even £1250. There aren't many cars like this available cheaply at the moment.

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - Xileno

That will be the Yamaha engine, well regarded for reliability. Sport is the trim level, nothing to do with performance which is leisurely. I would definitely try around £1250 as mentioned, with a view to accepting a bit less. Any record of the cambelt change that should have been done? (for those that follow the service book)

Yes, cam belt done at 62,000ish miles. Might buy it for myself. Need to sell the family 1998 Saab 9-3 S too, and maybe my W124 estate.

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - Stackman II

I have been quite lucky using Facebook marketplace.

Managed to sell my Saab and my late step-fathers Peugeot within 48 hours of posting the adverts. Both cars went for around £1200.

Similarly I got the asking price for my old roof box within 24 hours of posting.

It only takes a few minutes to compose an advert and its free.

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - Chris M

If the colour is the bright orange that some of the sporty versions came in, I'd guess it would be ideal for a young lad who wants to pimp it up with some bling wheels and a loud exhaust (and not mention it to his insurer). May be worth trying an aircon recharge (£35.99 at ATS via Groupon) because that appears the only negative on the service front.

Sold my son's 2009 Fiesta 1.4 Titanium in a day on Gumtree a few weeks ago. Competitively priced and very good, though not perfect, condition. Buyer had viewed a number of Fiestas and ours was obviously the best and the cambelt change was important to him.

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - Falkirk Bairn

Any 2nd hand car for sale - chances are improved (& Price)markedly by spending a bit of time on the car.

1) Get the car washed say 30 mins, hoovered out 10 mins, wipe all surfaces with a cleaner, polish windows 10 mins

2) Empty boot of everything.

3) Carpets tatty ? Cheap set of mats - under £20. AC blowing cold is a bonus.

4) Check all levels, fill water bottle, mop up any oil bits in engine compartment etc etc - make it look "cared for", blacken the wheels

5) Have any paper work in a file, along with reg docs. MoT history print out from website, receipts etc etc

Put more on the price for your 2/3 hours work - you can always come down in price - going up is difficult

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - Gibbo_Wirral

Autortrader and ebay both have features to allow you to custom a search for a car.

Do a search and match it to your car, that will give you a good indicator of local market prices.

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - badbusdriver

There are only ten 2006 1.6 petrol 5 door Focus's (Focii?) on Autotrader with up to 80k miles (no insurance write offs). Cheapest is £1195, dearest is £2290.

If the colour is the bright orange that some of the sporty versions came in

No, it's that coppery red metallic colour I would think.

SLO, PD and BBD are low on their estimates, as they're not familiar with prices in East Anglia.

Low mileage, cambelt done, 3 owners, bills present, good condition according to Trilogy, £1500 all day.

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - SLO76
Put it on at £1195ono if it’s tidy and take the arm off the first person with £900 or more.
Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - elekie&a/c doctor
Spot on . Couldn’t agree more . I think you’ll find the colour is tango red .
Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - Chris M

Guess the yoof market won't be interested then :(

SLO, PD and BBD are low on their estimates, as they're not familiar with prices in East Anglia.

I didn't make an estimate, I just said what the range of prices were for a Focus 1.6 of that age and approximate mileage on Autotrader. And that was nationwide.

Please help me value - 2006 Ford Focus Sport - SLO76
Prices do vary region to region. A work colleague had a solid but grubby 56 plate 1.6 LX in silver with 93k on for a few weeks at £700, he took £500 eventually and he bought a 2011 Vauxhall Insignia with 100k for £1,000 from another driver to replace it. Prices are lower up here but cars tend to rot more rapidly thanks to the salty winter roads and the sea air.

I didn't make an estimate, I just said what the range of prices were for a Focus 1.6 of that age and approximate mileage on Autotrader. And that was nationwide.

And I said that the cheapest one in East Anglia was £1695 for a 1.4LX with 83k.

Try not to be so confrontational, I'm sure we're all trying to give the best advice

I just happen to know that Trilogy lives in East Anglia.

Try not to be so confrontational

How exactly is my correcting you by pointing out I didn't make an estimate being confrontational?.

What you said makes absolutely no sense in relation to what I actualy posted. Firstly because I didn't give an estimate, I simply relayed the range prices for a 2006 Focus 1.6 of a similar mileage on Autotrader. Secondly, because the dearest of those was nearly £600 more than your 1.4LX (and that one isn't in East Anglia).

Maybe you should try to be more accepting when you've been correctly corrected?

Try not to be so confrontational

How exactly is my correcting you by pointing out I didn't make an estimate being confrontational?.

What you said makes absolutely no sense in relation to what I actualy posted. Firstly because I didn't give an estimate, I simply relayed the range prices for a 2006 Focus 1.6 of a similar mileage on Autotrader. Secondly, because the dearest of those was nearly £600 more than your 1.4LX (and that one isn't in East Anglia).

Maybe you should try to be more accepting when you've been correctly corrected?

Ah, a range when the OP was asking how much to sell it for.

I expect there's Bentleys on Autotrader for between £5k and £250k.

You are often confrontational on this forum.

Give ya heed a wee wobble you wee scunner ??

OK, let's leave that to one side now please.

In a post above, Trilogy says he might buy the car for himself. So value about £500? ;-)

Ah, a range when the OP was asking how much to sell it for.

Gibbo_Wirral says:

Autortrader and ebay both have features to allow you to custom a search for a car.

Do a search and match it to your car, that will give you a good indicator of local market prices.

Which I then did to save the OP having to do so........

I expect there's Bentleys on Autotrader for between £5k and £250k.

.........So the above comment would only have relevance if the car being sold was a Bentley.

You are often confrontational on this forum.

If your idea of someone being confrontational is anyone who correctly corrects something you say which is incorrect, I guess a lot of people would be considered confrontational to you. Is it really that difficult to admit to being wrong?

There might be an argument for pricing it a bit stronger to start with, on the basis that you can always come down in price. Assuming the seller is in no great rush to sell. I have been watching the thread with interest as I have basically the same car but in Zetec trim, similar mileage but slightly newer. Zetec trim gives a few extra goodies such as heated front screen and washer jets.

I think we've more or less covered the OP's query so time to put it to bed.