What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2006 Ford Mondeo Ghia - Ford Mondeo Radio Code - MarkJF

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help with a radio code for my Ford Mondeo, recently had the alternator and battery changed and haven't been able to find the original code in any of the paperwork. It's a 2006 Ghia and the car has the original Sony radio/cd player that came with fitted.

The other issue I have is that online it says the serial number should start with a V or M and to press and hold a couple of buttons on the radio to get the serial number, however the only thing resembling a serial number when i do that doesn't have a v or an m, it says ACU CFG 830238

Is anyone able to offer any advice or provide a code? If I have to listen to my mrs rather than the radio on another journey I think I'll lose my mind.

Cheers

2006 Ford Mondeo Ghia - Ford Mondeo Radio Code - FP

We really do need a six-digit number beginning with V or M.

Sometimes this appears as part of a longer string.

Make sure you're doing this:

Press and hold the preset buttons 1 & 6 or 2 & 6 then turn the unit on.

Let go of the preset buttons once the unit is powered up.

Look for the serial number beginning with V or M followed by six numbers.

Thanks mate, I tried it a few times and just got the number I mentioned in the original post.

I'll give it another go when I go back to the car after work and see how I get on, hopefully I was just having a stupid moment and will be able to get the number to come up.

Thanks again

2006 Ford Mondeo Ghia - Ford Mondeo Radio Code - elekie&a/c doctor
I think you are going to need to pull the radio out to confirm the serial number.
2006 Ford Mondeo Ghia - Ford Mondeo Radio Code - Galaxy

As it happens I have exactly the same car, OP, except mines a Zetec!

Since you appear to be having some difficulty with this I've just been out to obtain the Radio Serial Number for the radio in my car. Now, as it happens my radio is a Ford as opposed to your Sony but the interesting thing is that, when I press Buttons 1 and 6 together and then turn the radio on, I do get that 830238 number! So I do believe the radios are likely to be somewhat similar.

However, that isn't the serial number as you already know. On my radio the radio serial number is given at the very first chain of numbers displayed when you press buttons 1 and 6 and switch on. The 830238 number is in about the third chain of numbers to be displayed so I think it's quite possible that the serial number may-well be being displayed but you are missing it!

It won't be displayed on it's own, it will be part of a long chain of alpha-numeric numbers.

Mine is: FDD2006V055221 so that's V055221 This is the very first display.

I've also discovered that you can just press Buttons 1 and 6 together with the radio already switched on! Exactly the same numerical chain is produced.

Hope That Helps!

Thanks mate, for some reason I'm not getting that long number when I switch mine on and press 1 and 6, it gives other info but no long sequence of numbers so I'll have to find something suitable to remove the radio and check the serial number or order the keys you need for it.

Thanks for the advice from all so far though, really appreciate it.

I had a Sony radio in my mondeo ghia . For some reason these don’t show the serial number in the display . Had to take out the radio . Needed a bit of help from behind . Drop the glove box to give it a gentle shove .

Thanks mate, the stereo keys I needed have arrived today and it looks reasonably simple to get it out so will give that a go later and hopefully report back with a serial number, either that or asking how to repair a broken stereo....

Success, the serial number is V006806 if anyone is able to help with a radio code.

Thanks again

That will be 3108

Perfect, that works.

Really appreciate that mate, thanks for all the other help as well.