What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Accord Tourer 2.4 2005 - Dead chock absorber - are cheap parts ok? - Martin Sorensen

Hi, I think one of the rear chock absorbers on my Accord has gone - on aggressive speed bumps, the rear right swings more the the left. On smaller bumbs and at regular driving I do not notice anything. I assume I better change the pair.

I am in Portugal and the prices I find vary a lot, from €33 to €73 a pop. Can I just get the cheaper ones and they will do the job, or how? You can look here: www.mister-auto.pt/amortecedores-traseiros/honda/a.../

The car is old, has done about 240000 (so, about 150k miles) and we just hope it will do a couple of years more

Any advice is welcome.

Honda Accord Tourer 2.4 2005 - Dead chock absorber - are cheap parts ok? - Bolt

are you sure its not trailing arm bush gone as that will cause it to swing? but if you do change shocks best to do both they should last life of car.... No idea about makes of shock in Portugal.

but would check trailing arm bushes first as thats more likely imo

Honda Accord Tourer 2.4 2005 - Dead chock absorber - are cheap parts ok? - Martin Sorensen

No, not sure, I just expected it to be the chock and did not know failing bushes could do that. I will take it to a garage to let them have a look.

I would expect the parts to be the same over most of Europe (incl UK), there are only so many manufacturers.

Thanks

Edited by Martin Sorensen on 14/09/2021 at 08:23

I would expect the parts to be the same over most of Europe (incl UK), there are only so many manufacturers.

Thanks

That wasn`t what I meant, I couldn`t translate the language so had no idea what was written on the website, if it had been in english it would have been fine, we call them Shock absorbers

Edited by Bolt on 14/09/2021 at 09:27

Honda Accord Tourer 2.4 2005 - Dead chock absorber - are cheap parts ok? - focussed

The original parts are unavailable so you will have to use pattern parts.

Have a look at autodoc.de - the prices are amazingly cheap.

www.autodoc.de/autoteile/stossdampfer-10221/honda/...2

I have ordered parts from them before for delivery to France where I am, they are an ok company.

Most of the rear suspension parts are available from them.

Activate google translate on your computer to translate the website.

Edited by focussed on 16/09/2021 at 08:19

Google translate wasnt able to work on that site and this morning was not working ?

Its not my pc or phone its the site causing problems

Honda Accord Tourer 2.4 2005 - Dead chock absorber - are cheap parts ok? - Sprice

Or even better use Autodoc Portugal www.auto-doc.pt/

Honda Accord Tourer 2.4 2005 - Dead chock absorber - are cheap parts ok? - focussed

Or even better use Autodoc Portugal www.auto-doc.pt/

The parts will be delivered from germany - no particular advantage in using the local sites.

Honda Accord Tourer 2.4 2005 - Dead chock absorber - are cheap parts ok? - Sprice

Umm, apart from a language you understand