What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Alloy wheels - Doc

What do the Backroomers use to clean diamond cut alloy wheels?

The acid based cleaners are not suitable and some of the universal products are incredibly expensive. What about soap and water or car shampoo (assuming regular cleaning of the wheels)?

Alloy wheels - Manatee

I've had cheap non-acidic ones that weren't bad at all - I think the last one might have been branded Simoniz and red-coloured - might have been from Wilko. Caravan cleaner is pretty good for muck removal but I haven't tried it on car aheels.

Alloy wheels - Doc

I've had cheap non-acidic ones that weren't bad at all - I think the last one might have been branded Simoniz and red-coloured - might have been from Wilko. Caravan cleaner is pretty good for muck removal but I haven't tried it on car aheels.

was it this one?

www.wilko.com/en-uk/simoniz-500ml-alloy-wheel-clea...7

Alloy wheels - focussed

Just use TFR neat in a sprayer on wheels and tyres, leave for 5 minutes, then pressure wash it off.

It gets road muck and brake dust off effortlessly.

All the ones I have used over the years have been alkali based so no worries about acid attack on diamond cut wheels.

Not necessarily the one I use at the moment but typical of the commercial formulation of TFR.

www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/products/Indus...0

Alloy wheels - paul 1963

I use "Autoglym magma" it's ph neutral so won't harm finishes, spray on cool dry wheels, agitate with a soft brush, I use a 2" paint brush then rinse off, DON'T let it dry on!! when there clean give them a good waxing, I use Autofiness "mint rims", once you've waxed them ( takes ages btw!) then muck simply won't stick and they'll clean up with normal car shampoo.

I treat my wheels twice a year, well worth the effort.

Alloy wheels - daveyjp

Whatever shampoo i'm using, hot water and a microfibre wheelbrush.

Having largely black wheels also helps!