What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Wales, no new roads - barney100

Apparently the Welsh Government is not going to build any more new roads to disencourage car use.

Wales, no new roads - Andrew-T

Sounds good to me .... :-)

Wales, no new roads - Gibbo_Wirral

Info here:

gov.wales/freeze-new-roads-projects-be-announced

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57552390

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 10/09/2021 at 12:32

Wales, no new roads - daveyK_UK
Interestingly , one of the Welsh assembly members who was championing Wales vs the world on climate change with this announcement said they would still support adding an additional lane capacity to a busy A road in their constituency provided it also included adding a cycle lane as well.

While China and India continues to open coal power stations, Wales is committing to economic self harm.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 11/09/2021 at 14:49

Wales, no new roads - sammy1

The M4 at its tail end from the Severn Bridge is part of the National motorway net work and Boris said among his many other ""promises" to build the motorway by pass around Newport which is the bottleneck and 50mph through Newport.

The Welsh Gov has already wasted some £132million yes million buying up land and property on the by pass route.

Regular queues of some 10miles each side of the Brynglas tunnels is having an adverse effect on the Welsh economy in both business and tourism.

The extra pollution caused is by this constant queuing is unwelcome and not going to change for some years yet even with EVs. I don't think Wales will be paying for a new bit of M4 so I cannot understand the political view

Wales, no new roads - Andrew-T
While China and India continue to open coal power stations, Wales is committing to economic self harm.

So which do you think is the better option ?