Volvo XC60 - Really need some advice - faulty car from garage - AGM_4
Hi All

Really hoping you can help me!

I purchased a 16 plate car from a local garage on 13th August.
Went to collect the car and as soon as I drove it off the forecourt noticed an engine coolant warning.
Walked straight back into the garage to raise this to be told it was due to new coolant being added and the system not registering etc etc - forgive me I have very basic car knowledge. Was assured after the manager drove it that it had plenty of coolant and the warning would disappear and if not, they would collect and fix this. Had the car at home for less than a week and the warning didn’t go.

Garage collected the car and dropped off a temp car while they looked at it. Fast forward 2 weeks later I’ve just been told that the car has bigger engine problems and isn’t worth the money to fix it! To say I am gutted is an understatement! After paying over £17k this isn’t what you expect.

I’ve now been left with 2 options from the garage:
1. Take a refund
2. Buy a £2k more slightly newer Volvo they have in stock.

After spending a year saving and shelling out on dog guards etc to fit this exact car I feel I am stuck.
Is there anything I can do? I’ve explained I don’t have an extra £2k in the budget but really need to sort this out as am travelling shortly and desperately needed the bigger car.

Am I entitled to a discount/compensation on top of my refund? I’ve currently got just under 2 weeks to source a new volvo or pay out more for the other one they have.

Feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Volvo XC60 - Really need some advice - faulty car from garage - sammy1

Take the refund and run!!

Volvo XC60 - Really need some advice - faulty car from garage - Falkirk Bairn

>>Take the refund and run!!

and be very grateful it showed up the fault as soon as it did.

Another few weeks and you could have been looking at a protracted period arguing with the dealer over "who pays what to sort out the mess?"

Buy yourself a lottery ticket - your luck is in this week!