What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - RichT54

I recently bought a new Honda Jazz Hybrid. It has an impressive sounding list of safety features including:

• Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low Speed Follow
  • Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
  • Road Departure Mitigation System

I'm wondering if some of these systems could actually be less safe than not having the system at all.

The one that concerns me the most is the Road Departure Mitigation System. The owners manual says:

Alerts and helps to assist you when the system detects a possibility of your vehicle
crossing over detected lane markings, or approaching the outer edge of the
pavement (into grass or gravel border) or an oncoming vehicle.

Last week I was driving along the A327 when I noticed a large van coming around a corner a couple of hundred metres ahead. As it was close to the centre of the road I moved slightly left, just to be sure I didn't lose my door mirror. However, the Road Departure Mitigation System didn't like this and tried to steer me to the right, closer to the van. When I persisted in trying to keep to the left the system vibrated the steering to show its displeasure. Ultimately we passed safely, although the van driver probably wondered why the crazy old guy was weaving to and fro!

On another occasion I was driving on the A30 where it abruptly changes from single lane to two lanes and initially you are straddling the white line between the lanes. The system tried to force me into the left lane, but that is a filter for a left turn which I didn't want to take, so again I had to fight it to get in the right hand lane. Fortunately there was no other traffic at the time.

I read on a Jazz users forum of another owner who was driving along a long straight road. There was no moving traffic in sight so, as he approached a parked vehicle on the left, he pulled out to the right to pass it and the system tried to steer him back towards the vehicle. Apparently you must use the indicators to stop the system intervening in situations like this, even when there are no other road users around.

The Road Departure Mitigation System can be disabled, but it re-enables itself every time you turn the car on. To change the setting you have to press a button, scroll through a menu to select the correct system and then select to disable it.

In addition to the disturbing behaviours noted above, the owners manual gives long lists of circumstances in which the systems may not operate correctly, which makes me question whether they actually do improve safety.

What is making manufacturers add all these systems? Is it to get a better NCAP rating, or do they believe that customers want them?

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - _

Others may have other opinions, but I am glad the Sportage is the base "!" model and has very little stuff that interferes. I have a spped warning thing with an adjustable tolerance level, so that when it makes a beep at say 30mph, the satnave, not the speedometer thinks I am overspeed.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - badbusdriver

The Road Departure Mitigation System doesn't sound like it does much other than what Lane Keeping Assist System already does?.

As to your question, yes it is in part to get a better NCAP rating, but also I suspect to to do with the general standards of driving these days. You and I may well be irritated by such systems, as we pay attention to what we are doing. Going by what I see on the roads, many people don't. So while these systems may not be infallible, for the most part, they do as they are supposed to.

What do you think of the car otherwise?, I really fancy the new Jazz and was very close to choosing one (through Motability) rather than the Suzuki Ignis we ended up getting.

Edited by badbusdriver on 08/08/2021 at 09:24

What do you think of the car otherwise?, I really fancy the new Jazz and was very close to choosing one (through Motability) rather than the Suzuki Ignis we ended up getting.

I've only had it a couple of weeks and haven't been able to drive it as much as I intended, due to being laid up with a bad back for several days.

Mine is an Ex spec Jazz so it has 16" wheels and 185/55R16 87H tyres, so the ride is a bit firmer than the SE and SR grades, but I find it acceptable.

The standard wheels are very plain alloys covered with large plastic trim pieces that look like fan blades. I didn't like them, so opted for the JA1601 alloys instead.

The seats are comfortable, although the front passenger seat has no height adjustment on any of the grades. The rear "magic seats" give a lot of flexibility for load carrying, but the boot is rather small, with only a small cubby hole under the boot floor (certainly no room for a spare wheel).

Visibility is excellent, especially looking forwards; the very slim A-pillars help reduce blind spots a lot.

The centre touchscreen is slightly angled towards the passenger instead of the driver and not being vertical means it can be more exposed to ambient light. Together these make reading the sat nav's map more difficult than it should be.

The drive system has three modes:

• Pure EV Drive - the high voltage battery drives the electric motor.
  • Hybrid Drive - the ICE charges the high voltage battery which drives the electric motor.
  • Engine Drive - a hydraulic clutch connects the ICE to directly drive the wheels.

It seamlessly switches between the modes as required. The ICE does get a bit noisy when it needs to work hard, but it is not as noisy as my previous car (Toyota C-HR 1.2T with CVT gearbox).

The computer says it has averaged about 62 mpg so far, but according to people on the owner's forum it does over-read. However, I haven't had to fill it up yet so haven't been able to do my own calculations.

On the whole, I'm very pleased with the car. I have only done a few local runs so far, but that is what it will be mainly used for. Hopefully, I will get used to the behaviour of the safety systems with time.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Big John

I struggled when test driving a Skoda Kamiq. I always like to try a potential car on a tightish/bumpy country lane that has hedges etc which formed part of my commute - always a good ride tester! Due to the narrowness of the road you need to keep fully left if a car is coming the other way. The safety systems of the Kamiq didn't like this and fought with the steering wheel trying to take you towards the oncoming car! It is possible to turn this off but it's buried in Infotainment menus somewhere.

I suspect this will become standard on all new model cars!

Edited by Big John on 08/08/2021 at 10:06

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Xileno

I couldn't tolerate a car telling me how to drive, bad enough when someone sitting in the passenger seat does it...

I suspect the main dealer could permanently disable it by plugging in their kit but at a charge of course and it might have interesting liability issues in the unfortunate event of an accident.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - mcb100
‘Apparently you must use the indicators to stop the system intervening in situations like this, even when there are no other road users around.’
Yes, all such systems know not to intervene if the driver has indicated an intention to change direction.
As regards ‘fighting’ it, every one I’ve ever used has offered resistance, but not a battle - is there a setting to reduce the resistance the car puts up?
Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - madf

You can change the sensitivity setting on RDMS to minimise such problems.

Yes, I read in the owners manual I download from the Honda site that there are 3 settings for RDMS:

Early/Normal/Delayed *1

*1:Default Setting

I understood that to mean that the default setting is "Delayed" which I assume to be the least sensitive setting?

I have just checked my Jazz and it is indeed set to "Delayed".

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Engineer Andy

Can they be turned completely off (like some stop-start systems), given even a low-interference setting may still interfere too much in such circumstances?

It sounds like that either the system does not take into account oncoming traffic on roads, or is limited to when such traffic is too close to be able to safely correct the position of the car, which to me sounds like it is nowhere near the competency of an average driver.

No, it can’t be permanently turned off - the car is homologated with it, and NCAP tested, so the ability to disable systems would leave the car outside of the agreed safety standards. It’s a driver assist feature, not intended to replace the requirement for a driver to miss oncoming traffic.
Stop start on cars homologated after February 2011 is again compulsory and will always default to on when the car is restarted.

Edited by mcb100 on 08/08/2021 at 12:37

No, it can’t be permanently turned off - the car is homologated with it, and NCAP tested, so the ability to disable systems would leave the car outside of the agreed safety standards. It’s a driver assist feature, not intended to replace the requirement for a driver to miss oncoming traffic. Stop start on cars homologated after February 2011 is again compulsory and will always default to on when the car is restarted.

The probelm, as is ably described above, is that the lane departure system patently cannot tell the difference between when the car is on a dual carriageway/motorway, where such a system might be useful and a one-up-one down road, when oncoming traffic has (for whatever reason) pulled onto your car's side as you approach, or where the oncoming vehicle is wider than the lane, with both necessitating that you move over to the left to avoid them.

Even on a lower 'less sensitive' or delayed setting, the system would seemingly still try to centre the car, which IMHO is incredibly danergous, because the driver then has to wrench the steering wheel hard left to keep the car away from the oncoming vehicle.

This ironically may precipitate an accident either due to a late maneuvre, an overcorrection or the driver not knowing what the reaction of the car me be in such a situation and not being able to do enough to avoid a collision/accident, especially an elderly driver with less upper body strength not used to having to do this or that it may happen at all.

I worry about these either autonymous or semi-autonymous 'safety' or self-drive systems - every time they are introduced, the designers/makers claim they are the best thing since slice bread, and yet they still fail or cannot carry out what an average driver would do (safely) with ease and instinctively. Rather like a lot of modern technology - their claims rarely stand up to real (unbiased) scrutiny in the Real World by oridnary people - not paid-for media hacks and PR goons.

There is no ‘wrenching’ of steering wheels. Just overcoming a bit of resistance, and probably less effort than steering a non-PAS car.
As soon as the car has figured you’re making a manoeuvre, it backs off the centring function until it has a clear sight of white/yellow lines again, at which point it will resume.
There is no fighting, wrestling or wrenching involved, just a sensation of the wheel moving slightly as it tracks between lines. And a momentary element of resistance if you need to deviate without indicating.
There is no ‘wrenching’ of steering wheels. Just overcoming a bit of resistance, and probably less effort than steering a non-PAS car. As soon as the car has figured you’re making a manoeuvre, it backs off the centring function until it has a clear sight of white/yellow lines again, at which point it will resume. There is no fighting, wrestling or wrenching involved, just a sensation of the wheel moving slightly as it tracks between lines. And a momentary element of resistance if you need to deviate without indicating.

To me, that still indicates why it should be able to be turned off. It's not as though drivers are stupid - they should be able to judge when the system would be beneficial, given the system itself obviously cannot.

Given what others have said by the experience in use, I'd say it's rather more than a 'light touch'. I had a brief experience of this when I test drove a new Mazda CX-3 in 2017 when I wondered why I had turned the wheel to filter back into the nearside lane on a three lane A road that barely anything happened. I initially thought there was a problem with the steering. Luckily it wasn't a safety-critical manouvre.

If I had been on a country road with a bend ahead and I'd just seen a larger vehicle partially on my side coming out of the corner, that split second of the car not doing as I intended could've made the difference between having an accident or not.

Rather like that Audi that slammed on the brakes because someone stuck their hand out ahead to flag down a bus (but wasn't in the way), this shows many of these safety technologies aren't good enough for all-conditions use yet.

Whether the homologation rules currently allow (or not) for certain 'safety' features to be turned off or not (and when), ones like this that patently are not up to the job under all circumstances and could adversely affect safety should be able to be switched off - but that new owners should be shown how to use the tech effectively (that can be via the handbook or links to videos from the manufacturer online).

Having them permanently switched on to gain 'brownie points' for NCAP ratings or lower the insurance group but which is not anywhere near as good (or safe) as the manufacturers state is IMHO not a good piece of engineering or ethical behaviour.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - alan1302
Rather like a lot of modern technology - their claims rarely stand up to real (unbiased) scrutiny in the Real World by oridnary people - not paid-for media hacks and PR goons.

Come on Andy - 'real ordinary' people are not unbiased either - you only need to read a few owner reviews to see that.

Rather like a lot of modern technology - their claims rarely stand up to real (unbiased) scrutiny in the Real World by oridnary people - not paid-for media hacks and PR goons.

Come on Andy - 'real ordinary' people are not unbiased either - you only need to read a few owner reviews to see that.

Ok - they are less biased than the media, given they don't rely on income from the same firms they are reviewing their product. Some even have no bias.

Ok - they are less biased than the media, given they don't rely on income from the same firms they are reviewing their product. Some even have no bias.

No one has no bias - and after forking out thousands on a car people can be very biased an blinkered...someone on here mentioned they knew someone with a BMW that kept breaking down but would not hear a word against it.

Can they be turned completely off (like some stop-start systems), given even a low-interference setting may still interfere too much in such circumstances?

It sounds like that either the system does not take into account oncoming traffic on roads, or is limited to when such traffic is too close to be able to safely correct the position of the car, which to me sounds like it is nowhere near the competency of an average driver.

Yes. But you need o do it every time you start the car.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Andrew-T
Apparently you must use the indicators to stop the system intervening in situations like this, even when there are no other road users around.

But if drivers start indicating just to prevent this system intervening, that could send all sorts of misleading messages, not only to drivers but pedestrians waiting to cross (for example) who see the start of a 'left-turn' and draw the wrong conclusion ?

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Big John

A friend of mine has a newish Audi A4 that nearly caused an accident. He was driving into town with a bus behind him. A lady at a bus stop lent forward a bit and stuck her arm out to stop the bus. His A4 then automatically did a full on emergency stop nearly causing the bus to rear end him.

Edited by Big John on 08/08/2021 at 13:29

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - brum

Its mandated by the EU.

They know better.

Do not argue.

A friend of mine has a newish Audi A4 that nearly caused an accident. He was driving into town with a bus behind him. A lady at a bus stop lent forward a bit and stuck her arm out to stop the bus. His A4 then automatically did a full on emergency stop nearly causing the bus to rear end him.

I await to hear the manufacturer's excuse to why they didn't account for such an eventuality on their 'amazing' system...

As with all computerised stuff, especially those controlled via complex software with multiple sensors, its rubbish (data) in, rubbish (result) out.

I learned that whilst I was at college. Computers are just tools - they ain't Mr Data or KITT and are still very limited in what they can do, and by the quality of those building/programming them. The Real World is a very dynamic place, far more than a lab or test track.

And to think that some of our betters think that self-drive cars should be introduced now or very soon...

our betters think that self-drive cars should be introduced now or very soon...

Well as they made such a good job of the Taffic Light Syste for Overseas Holidays,sorting out self drive cars should be easy.

:-)

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Rerepo

This is down to i****ic EU regulations. Now that we are an independent nation the government should step in and make it a requirement that such systems can be permanently disabled!

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - galileo

This is down to i****ic EU regulations. Now that we are an independent nation the government should step in and make it a requirement that such systems can be permanently disabled!

Absolutely! If I thought it would do any good I'd start a petition for this to be debated, but given the usual responses I fear it would be a waste of time.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Andrew-T

This is down to i****ic EU regulations. Now that we are an independent nation the government should step in .....

Ah, another knee-jerk anti-EU reaction. Before doing that, a balanced consensus is needed to decide whether the system has more plus than minus. The cars have not been designed for the EU alone (have they?). Personally I am happy to do without this kind of back-seat driving built into my car, but I don't automatically lash out at Brussels.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - John Tebbs
The problem is it only has to fail once and you are dead
The problem is it only has to fail once and you are dead

Not necessarily, unless the failure comes exactly when you need to use said safety system, which to me is highly unlikely. It's not as though the car will suddenly explode or veer off the road without ABS, traction or stability control.

Most, if not all, come with defect/failure warning systems where the driver can either take specific action to lessen their risk, whether during driving or to get the problem repaired.

If someone ignores such warnings and then undertakes a very risky manouvre that they wouldn't thave done in (say) an older car that doesn't have that system, then they only have themselves to blame.

I would be as concerned about car manufacturers with a record of poor reliability on the instrument panels, i.e. the safety systems' warning lights not activating as the systems failing themselves.

If you know what your level of risk is, then you should be able to make a judgement on how to mitigate or avoid them.

Oh, god you again with your weird EU bashing - as part of the EU the UK could veto anything it chose to do so...so if they UK wanted to do without these things it could have done but has already chosen not to so you will have to learn to live with them...

You may be unaware of this but Brexit was achieved by copying over into UK law ALL existing EU regulations applied in the UK.

Edited by madf on 09/08/2021 at 09:54

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - galileo

You may be unaware of this but Brexit was achieved by copying over into UK law ALL existing EU regulations applied in the UK.

Exactly why trying to get the "we know best" halfwits in Westminster to change things is a waste of time.

Bureaucrats and politicians, with rare exceptions, lack real world expertise in physics, engineering and similar fields. (hence the impossible commitment to 'zero carbon by 2050').

They are more concerned with maintaining their positions, gold-plated pensions and privileges (such as 'we don't have to quarantine but you peasants do') than listening to sensible proposals from us, the mugs who pay their salaries.

Voting at elections seldom changes anything but the names of those in charge.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Xileno

It's certainly true that few of our politicians have engineering or similar backgrounds, there seems to be an abundance of lawyers and journalists. In China, for example, it is much more likely for politicians to have come from an engineering specialism.

"Voting at elections seldom changes anything but the names of those in charge."

Despite this, I think a change of Govt. is a good thing from time to time, rather like changing our socks.

Anyway, back to the original thread subject...

It's certainly true that few of our politicians have engineering or similar backgrounds, there seems to be an abundance of lawyers and journalists. In China, for example, it is much more likely for politicians to have come from an engineering specialism.

"Voting at elections seldom changes anything but the names of those in charge."

Despite this, I think a change of Govt. is a good thing from time to time, rather like changing our socks.

Anyway, back to the original thread subject...

I would say it's more that people in positions of power rarely have lived and worked in the Real World, and thus don't really know or care about the concerns of ordinary people. Unfortunately many who do either get sidelined for top positions (because they aren't part of 'the club') or get indocrinated / attracted to the wealth and power.

Rarely does anyone in government anywhere enact laws that are actually useful for the betterment of all mankind. Just as supposedly engineering companies like car comapnies do things badly because they are mainly run by bean counters and PR people.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - John Tebbs
I have read all these posts and first post that initiated the thread has it spot on. The road departure system makes my new Honda Jazz Crosstar a turkey and I regret buying it. I live in the countryside and if I leave it active it operates to danger on every journey. The narrow roads have few road markings and Ill-defined road margins. Potholes are so bad you often have to depart from the normal line. Yes you do have to fight the steering wheel. Not only does it veer towards danger but it vibrates violently. Absolute nightmare dont buy, or if you do prepare to switch ithe road departure system off at every engine stop.
This entails pressing a button by your knees which is not lit at night. Pressing a selector on the steering wheel twice then another roller iselector then the steering wheel selector again twice to obtain your preferred display. Every time you start the engine.Absolute nightmare.
Should have saved up for the VW
I have read all these posts and first post that initiated the thread has it spot on. The road departure system makes my new Honda Jazz Crosstar a turkey and I regret buying it. I live in the countryside and if I leave it active it operates to danger on every journey. The narrow roads have few road markings and Ill-defined road margins. Potholes are so bad you often have to depart from the normal line. Yes you do have to fight the steering wheel. Not only does it veer towards danger but it vibrates violently. Absolute nightmare dont buy, or if you do prepare to switch ithe road departure system off at every engine stop. This entails pressing a button by your knees which is not lit at night. Pressing a selector on the steering wheel twice then another roller iselector then the steering wheel selector again twice to obtain your preferred display. Every time you start the engine.Absolute nightmare. Should have saved up for the VW

There is no directly comparable VW to the Jazz Crosstar, but you could definately have got a Polo with the 110PS 1.0TSI engine for less, so you wouldn't have needed to save up more, just make a different choice.

Also, all makes and models these days have this type of safety systems, for better or worse. So unless you have driven a VW (on the same type of roads) and find theirs less intrusive, you don't know that it would actually be any better.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Adampr
I have read all these posts and first post that initiated the thread has it spot on. The road departure system makes my new Honda Jazz Crosstar a turkey and I regret buying it. I live in the countryside and if I leave it active it operates to danger on every journey. The narrow roads have few road markings and Ill-defined road margins. Potholes are so bad you often have to depart from the normal line. Yes you do have to fight the steering wheel. Not only does it veer towards danger but it vibrates violently. Absolute nightmare dont buy, or if you do prepare to switch ithe road departure system off at every engine stop. This entails pressing a button by your knees which is not lit at night. Pressing a selector on the steering wheel twice then another roller iselector then the steering wheel selector again twice to obtain your preferred display. Every time you start the engine.Absolute nightmare. Should have saved up for the VW

There is no directly comparable VW to the Jazz Crosstar, but you could definately have got a Polo with the 110PS 1.0TSI engine for less, so you wouldn't have needed to save up more, just make a different choice.

Also, all makes and models these days have this type of safety systems, for better or worse. So unless you have driven a VW (on the same type of roads) and find theirs less intrusive, you don't know that it would actually be any better.

Vauxhalls (and presumably Peugeots) have a single button that turns it off and it doesn't come on again unless you ask it to.

For a 'safety' system, it's quite the liability. Before I switched mine off, it tried to run a cyclist in a ditch because I had the temerity to let my wheels cross a white line whilst overtaking.

Vauxhalls (and presumably Peugeots) have a single button that turns it off and it doesn't come on again unless you ask it to.

For a 'safety' system, it's quite the liability. Before I switched mine off, it tried to run a cyclist in a ditch because I had the temerity to let my wheels cross a white line whilst overtaking.

We had a 2017 Honda Jazz, and while that was the previous shape compared to the one mentioned by the OP and the poster who revived the thread, I didn't find the safety systems much of a problem. The ones in our current Suzuki Ignis are more intrusive, especially the 'collision avoidance alarm', but I still wouldn't consider it a deal breaker.

You could switch them off in the Jazz and you can do the same in the Ignis. But in both cases, this would have warning symbols appearing on the display, which I personally find very distracting, and the next time you start the car, it will default to 'on'.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Deryck

My Mondeo has the same - a button on the end of the indicator stalk toggles between on and off and the system remembers the last setting. I tend to drive with it off most of the time, but when I do activate it I have it on a "low / advise" setting that gives a mild vibration of the steering wheel. I did once try it using an "assist" setting but didn't like it all. I don't fancy having to wrestle with the car if I need to make quick changes - it should allow me but I feltuneasy with it.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Mike Hampshire

Visited our local dealer again to discuss the problem of the car creating a potential accident. Twice in the five months of ownership from new. We made it clear that we are unhappy and want an alternative technical solution, being pretty happy with the car otherwise.

Given that the lane mitigation system has not averted a single potential accident since new, yet caused significant alarm and near accidents in two situations, it cannot possibly be justified as a necessary safety system. The driver must have the option to easily switch off or adjust the sensitivity level, not go through a complicated menu structure every time the car is driven. This is after all software, control menu choice and adjustment.

To cut to the chase, the car is going into the dealership for a camera and radar calibration check, at which point a technical concern will be raised through Honda's system. I expect we will then be required to continue to use the car to see if the re-calibration has changed anything.

It may be of interest, that the recalibration of the radar gives some indication of the pre-existing status prior to any adjustment, The recalibration of the camera does not, it is essentially blind to the technician, being fully automatic.

I'll update the thread as time goes on.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Mike H

I'm surprised you have to turn off the Road Departure Mitigation System each time you use the car. I turned it off within days of getting our CR-V Hybrid in 2019 and it remains off without having touched the switch in the interim.

I've tried the LKAS several times over the last 4 years but it's pointless IMHO, I always turn it off after a couple of minutes.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Unsafe safety systems? - Falkirk Bairn

Snap!

Within 2 weeks of buying my Hybrid CRV I have turned the annoying Road Departure & other electronic wizardry off.

Car runs just like any other auto I have driven in the last 59 years.

Quite happy now - the 1st 2 weeks were "tricky"

That's how it is with the Honda Jazz, 2024 edition. resets to on when the ignition is turned off. Need then to go through multiple menu layers to chanbge it again. Oh for a switch!

Well, the car has had a couple of days in the dealership, with technical support from Honda UK. Apparently everything correct, although they cannot know if the recalibration of the camera led to any adjustments. On my first call from the dealership, I was just told all about the routine safety checks and nothing about the reason for the car being there, had to press the service chap for details. Met with the service guy and technician the following day when went to collect. Detailed discussion, basically them saying that "thats how it is, system may not work correctly under certain conditions, try driving a different route......"

My wife reports that the Hand of God has been tamed to some extent, severity of self steering being more muted. She was pleased when the car goes into "Aaargh I cannot cope - switching off LKAS" and lighting up the displays with all sorts of lights, as she can just drive it without interference.

Fewer scarey events, and will see how it goes.

In short, they Honda, are extremely resistant to allow easy switch-off as I suspect this compromises the NCAP. However, it is ok for the owner to go through the multiple menu layers to do the same. Makes no sense to me, especially if the system puts the car in joepardy on more occasions than it avoids.

Edited by Mike Hampshire on 08/12/2023 at 17:47