What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford focus - engine malfunction warning - Carl Battison

I can drive as normal power okay etc soon I pull over take out of gear etc and it's in idle ticking over after 20 seconds or so engine malfunction comes and it's like it's revving but the no power but if I turn off and back on Iit will still drive as normal until I stop and it's in idle mode then engine malfunction again the aa said ecu but work colleagues think it something else can anyone help

Ford focus - engine malfunction warning - Xileno

Some further details would be useful: which engine, petrol or diesel, year.

1.6 petrol 2010

Ford focus - engine malfunction warning - Fiesta1234

Have you checked the tightness of the battery clamps and also the earth strap too the battery terminal or body. I had the same in my fiesta where the engine would cut out for no reason and statlrt flashing saying engine system malfunction. Turns out that the ground wire on the negative terminal was loose which cut the engine out. Not a very good design tbh. Worth checking?

Edited by Fiesta1234 on 14/07/2021 at 09:26

I'll look into it

Ford focus - engine malfunction warning - elekie&a/c doctor

Unfortunately it's not possible to guess what is wrong with the car. It needs help from diagnostic kit and analysis from a garage that understands the system. I doubt if it's got anything to do with the battery and leads.

I had a guy look at ecu he sorted it and reprogramed it and a air pipe had a split at the min seems its all good now so far so good

Ford focus - engine malfunction warning - sonic9449
How’s the car doing now? I have a 2010 1.6 Petrol Focus Zetec I purchased this year that has been doing the same thing after numerous trips to the Ford Garages
Ford focus - engine malfunction warning - JONATHAN_11_80

Cluster needs repairing. It's the central part in the can bus system. The issue is dry solder joints in the Cluster unit ie the dials.