What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
MG Dealers Kerridges Needham Market - Not a selling dealer anymore - _

Sad to say my lovely ex Mgdealers have given up selling new MG cars.

Part of MG now getting rid of smaller dealers?

Edited by _ORB_ on 01/07/2021 at 20:11

MG Dealers Keeridges Needham Market - Not a selling dealer anymore - mcb100
Maybe smaller dealer unwilling/unable to invest in ever more stringent brand standards in terms of showroom or workshop.
Equipping a workshop to safely deal with EV’s won’t come cheaply.
MG Dealers Keeridges Needham Market - Not a selling dealer anymore - daveyjp

Local to me it appears the former Mitsubishi dealers are now moving to MGs and Ssangyong from a single site.

MG Dealers Keeridges Needham Market - Not a selling dealer anymore - Engineer Andy

Sad to say my lovely ex Mgdealers have given up selling new MG cars.

Possibly - my local KIA dealership used to sell them for about 5 years up until around 4-5 years ago. They gave up, now just selling KIAs (and doing quite nicely, it appears) a new franchise opened up about 5 miles away, but that closed after only being around a year or two. That outlet now sells motorbikes, or at least it did last time I passed it, which admitedly was in Sept 2020.

MG Dealers Kerridges Needham Market - Not a selling dealer anymore - ifekas

Yes, it looks that way; where I live Drive (Vauxhall) recently opened an MG dealership on the same site.

www.am-online.com/news/dealer-news/2021/05/14/driv...n

MG Dealers Kerridges Needham Market - Not a selling dealer anymore - focussed

Most prestige brands require that you as a dealer invest in a glass palace with carpets, leather sofas, complimentary coffee and glamorous receptionists on an expensive site with a lot of passing trade, while they continue to screw you over with their stocking plans, and purchase discounts.

Yes, I've been there both with a manufacturer and as a dealer but not in the car trade and I got out with my shirt intact.

Sadly the marketing executives of these "prestige" brands don't seem to realise that the glass palace approach alienates more customers than it attracts in any area apart from the habitat of the moneyed metropolitan elite.

Smaller family owned dealerships are the backbone of any product, they might not conform to the marketing and sales minimum standards in the sales manager's policy binder, but they do lend credibility to the product to the ordinary Joe who spends his money wisely.

As I wander occasionally around rural Brittany it's common to find little tin-shed Renault dealers tucked away in odd corners, a sign on the front displaying "Renault Service" - they probably sell less than half a dozen cars a year, but they are the vital link from the manufacturer to the customer.

That is why I will probably end up with a new Dacia as a second car, as any Renault or Dacia dealer can service it and supply parts.

Edited by focussed on 02/07/2021 at 00:31