What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Skoda Karoq - Possible Purchase - Sinialtstar

Hi, there

Long term lurker, 1st time poster.

I currently have a 2014 Ford Mondeo TitX Sport 2.2 Diesel

it is approaching 80k trouble free miles and it has been a fantastic, super reliable car. full loaded.

But, it is time to change it, although I don't go speeding about. The Mondeo is supposed to have 200bhp. However it's a big heavy brute and you just don't get that impression that there are supposed to be 200 horses there.. Especially with the annoying turbo lag that is has, and I read somewhere that the DPF strangles it (don't know if true or not) our 2017 2.0d Focus ST rated at 180 BHP had way more torque and felt a lot more powerful . However I have grown used to it so I know what to expect from it.

But I can see some big bills coming up soon (DPF is getting clogged up, the rear ARB bushes are mentioned by the garage as to need replacing in the future) and I can seem to get a good price for the Mondeo, so now is as good a time as any.

and mainly, especially over the past year it does not get used on long journeys as much anymore. So diesel no longer suits my needs.

I am going to see a Skoda Karoq (Brand new / new used) at the weekend. This will be in the sportline trim. I have read through the CBC Breakdown, I have had a quick scan through the user forums. But I wondered if anyone here has experience with this?

it is the 2.0 Petrol DSG variant. on a PCP plan for 4 years. I don't intend on keeping it over the 4 years.

I've never "PCP'd" a car before however the dealer is offering a good deal on this. it works out cheaper to buy (PCP) brand new than second hand (I know that the only real winner is the PCP company) and I can get a good price for the Mondeo

I have never had a DSG box before but I cannot get the manual version with the engine size I want) I know about DSG issues, however my BiL has a Seat with the same DSG box and has had no issues with it what so ever, and highly recommends it. I I don't intend on keeping the car for very long outside it's warranty so might not be much to worry about

I was looking at the VW Tiquan, however the Skoda appears to come fully loaded, for a similar price, of a not so fully loaded Tiquan. and they are essentially the same car.

I looked at the New Kuga, but that does not really do it for me. I know it's not overly important but I think the previous version looked a lot better.

Please can I have other members/owners opinions

Thank you in Advance

Edited by Sinialtstar on 30/06/2021 at 14:21

Skoda Karoq - Possible Purchase - badbusdriver

Under a PCP deal, and with a new car, I don't think I'd worry too much about the DSG as long as you have driven one and like how it goes. I think the 2.0 petrol, being a fairly powerful motor, would also have the more robust 'wet clutch' version of the DSG.

As well as the VW Tiguan, you should also look at the Seat Ateca, which is essentially the same car as the Karoq.

Personally, I'm not sure a PCP is something I'd go for, but if it suits you and is financially viable for you, why not?.

Skoda Karoq - Possible Purchase - Sinialtstar

Thank you

We looked at the Seat, but it was a bit spa*** on equipment / trim level. So we discounted it. (when we looked on the manufacture website)

I normally, too would not do a PCP deal but thought I would give it a try. to be honest it's all a little confusing. But if I realise at the end of the day this time, that it worked out to expensive then I won't do it again . I know only to well that the real winner is the finance company. But I just thought I would give it ago.